VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!

I suppose it would be the polite thing to introduce myself before delving into why I am here. I go by the alias of "Borealys" which is a play on the name Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights in the skies above Canada (where I hail from). One day whilst searching on Yahoo! Canada, I submitted a request for "vegetarian forums" and found this site to be one of the more prominent resources of information for said search request.

I am here primarily because I am leaning quite heavily towards enhancing my lifestyle and overall general health by becoming a vegetarian. As it stands, I do not eat beef in any respect (the flavor does not agree with my biology), pork is so rarely eaten that I have not partaken of it in over a year, and the only obstacle at the moment is chicken. I believe that it is something I can abstain from provided I have something as a substitute.

Becoming a vegetarian is something I have thought long and hard on, and I believe it is something that will (in the long run) be a healthier choice. I feel the need to say up front that I am not thinking of pursuing vegetarianism simply because I believe animals are being unduly harmed, but more-so because any meat products you come upon now-a-days are filled with chemicals and steroids not fit for human consumption.

I hope that, with your help, I can become a member of this robust and esteemed community and share in the enrichment of everyones lives. Thank you, and I hope to jump into this new world soon.

- Borealys, Canada

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hello and welcome!

Be sure to check out the recipe section of VB; lots of great ideas for yummy veggie food!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.