VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
A lot of veterinarians do use Science Diet and recommend it pretty highly. I tried to switch my little kitten (9 weeks old) to another food (Innova kitten) and she keeps getting diarrhea so we haven't been able to achieve a total switch. A lot of the holistic food IMO, is somewhat rich...I like Innova cat and kitten and the KMR kitten milk replacement combination for most kitties but mine has needed I/D diet because of her irritable tummy!
You are doing thing right, her not lapping water is normal; most kittens will be happy to get their fluid from food and milk until about 8 or 9 weeks of age. What we usually do at the vet hospital where I work is offer the cat some soft food and a side dish of kitten milk replacement. They seem to breathe water in more than they are able to successfully drink it prior to 8-9 weeks. In any event, she is probably too little to eat hard food just yet.
There should be an emergency vet in your area. Ask your local veterinarian how they handle urgent care/emergencies. Sounds like you're doing everything right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow I am surprised, even in the semi-rural area where I live there is a veterinary emergency clinic, but it is also located on a campus affiliated with Purdue University, so that is probably how it stays funded. Generally there is an on-call vet clinic but I suppose your vet's office must have some emergency hours if there's no emergency clinic.

Kittens are so much fun, arent they? <3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts