VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
Kittens can eat as much as they want. Wet food is probably easier than dry, and Science Diet is absolute crap quality food. The first 5 ingredients in Science Diet kitten food are: Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Animal Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Brewers Rice. You should look for a food that has meat as the first ingredient, and corn NOWHERE on the ingredients list. It's a cheap filler. Be sure to leave out a bowl of fresh water at all times.

Just keep combing for the fleas. You can use Advantage on kittens as young as 8 wks, but until then it's just baths and combing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirpkatze View Post

yes, you can pass things to your adult cat, especially parasites.
Ehhh that's not exactly true. If the kitten brings fleas into the house, then they can certainly get under a door to your other cat. Intestinal parasites are transmitted through a fecal-oral route, so the other cat would have to be sharing a box or otherwise ingesting feces from the kitten to get intestinal parasites, you wouldn't carry those on your clothes. Ringworm can be transmitted from cat to person to cat, but ringworm is a fungal infection, not a parasitic infection. I really wouldn't worry too much about it. Just wash your hands between handling the kitten and your cat. I worked in a vet office for 5 years, and had from 2-4 cats the entire time at home, handled sick animals all day at work, and my cats never got sick from it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts