VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Now, am I the only one with guts enough to admit I live in New Jersey, or is this really hell on earth and I'm the only vegan? I should have stayed in California!

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
heh wow, another jersey folk! and i was almost certain that no one else here was from new jersey..

well hi there! i'm moving to colorado for (at least) two years next month though. so i guess it'll be all yours then

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MsRuthieB

I like to say it like 'Joyzee'...almost the most funniest state to say beside Nawlins.
ah yes, that elusive state of New Orleans

and yes, i have no intention of looking back. new jersey is just not my kind of place at all! i'm so excited, i can't wait..

and hi lucycat

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienAmandil

Now, am I the only one with guts enough to admit I live in New Jersey, or is this really hell on earth and I'm the only vegan? I should have stayed in California!
Lol...."hell on earth"....I love it. Well, I live in hell, too. I see you live down the shore. Safe to assume you've been to Veggie Works & Down to Earth? I live farther north but make the trip once in a while.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah! I'm not the only one! Yep, go to Veggie Works, although Belmar as a town in general embodies everything I dislike about our culture. I live a few towns south, in Manasquan, which is a little more my pace. I hope you atleast live someplace quiet up north, something the shore area lacks, especially with the upcoming summer madness.

Peace!

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vegankittykat

I live farther north but make the trip once in a while.
where is farther north? i went to school at rutgers in new brunswick but just moved home today (monmouth county) for two weeks.

and btw, i had a summer job at NJEF (new jersey environmental federation) down in belmar a few years back
it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I live in Union County, not far from Newark airport. I went to Rutgers for one semester years ago...I wish I hadn't dropped out. I'm sure you won't miss Jersey after you leave. Luthienamandil: it's sure not quiet up here, but I'm sure it's quieter than alot of the shore towns. Did you know that Veggie Works is for sale? The owners want to sell it to someone who will keep it vegan. If it closes or changes, I will be so depressed

·
Registered
0 Posts
I didn't know Veggie Works is for sale! Boy, if only I had the $$, because we really don't have any other vegan places around. Hopefully they are able to find a suitable buyer that sticks with their way of doing things now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I know....I just need to hit that lottery and I will buy it
. At least there's also Down to Earth but they're alot more expensive than VW and they don't have a salad bar. Plus VW's menu is much more extensive. I'm lucky being farther north since I'm not too far from NYC. Do you get to go there much? I don't go as often as I would like...it is a bit of a hassle getting in there. There's a place in the Village called Red Ramboo which is excellent. They've been there about a year I think.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i came to new jersey once and this guy one the street yelled at me !! it was scary i was only 12 !!

i coudnt help but laugh when he was buying an opra mag !!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I worked in the city for 3 years and visit often. I usually go to Indian restaurants; there is one in Brooklyn that's really good, though I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I really need to try more Indian food to see if I like it...I've tried a couple of frozen things which didn't thrill me. There's lots of Indian restaurants near where I work, so it would be helpful if I could learn to like their food. I tend to prefer "Americanized" vegetarian food....that's why I like Veggie Works so much. I love the dish they have called the Singing Cowboy....it's my favorite thing off of their menu.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where is Veggie Works--in Belmar?

I live in the noisy crowded hell of Hudson County and cross the river to NYC daily to work. It's not my favorite place and would prefer to be elsewhere. Oh, well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yeah, Veggie Works is in Belmar. I can definitely see hating to commute to the city everyday, but at least you have a lot of veggie restaurants to choose from for lunch, assuming there's one near your work. Too bad they weren't more evenly distributed throughout the city, though....seems like most of them are in the Village. Have you been to Veggie Heaven in Teaneck or Parsippany?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow, it's been almost a month since the last post in here.

I live in Jersey, and have my entire life. I don't particularly like living here but don't hate it either. If I were to move anywhere, it would be Cali but I think I might just live out my days in this state. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to move is because I feel the need to fight for animal rights here (of course elsewhere wouldn't be bad either). I do cat rescue and am trying to reduce the number of homeless cats and figure this is a good a place to start as any. I figure if I move away, the animals here will have lost someone working to improve their lives.

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.