VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my name is bonnie, and for the most part have been a omnivore my entire life. I have chosen to gradually become a vegetarian, and tomorrow will start day 1. I am gradually cutting meat out to lose weight, save money, and lower my high cholesterol. I am married to a carnivore who is fully supportive of this change (so long as I don't force it on him), but he would eat the occasional veg. meal with little protest. I have joined this forum for when I am tempted and a bacon cheeseburger seems irresistible to me, looking for alternatives and support

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hey, I'm in Oregon too! Which part are you in?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome, Bonnie.

Mmm, your craving makes me want to make myself an Yves Veggie Cuisine burger with soy bacon and a Tofutti American soy cheese slice on top. Why not have that instead of the omnivore version you're craving?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome Bonnie! Congrats on making this lifestyle choice and you are very fortunate to have a supportive husband! You will find lots of advice, information and encouragement here! Get some good cookbooks, you can find lots of recipes online too!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Congratulations, Bonnie. Is health the main reason you're moving over? I've been trying to get my dad on a healthier diet... He's getting to the age where high cholesterol and blood pressure can pose problems.
Welcome to the forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.