VeggieBoards banner

New horrifying trend: Mink fur eyelash extensions

6K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  affidavit 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
I quit wearing mascara due to getting cat hairs stuck on it...

I'm glad the ethics was at least questioned. How absolutely stupid! They shave the tails from minks in mink farms? Like they breed them just to shave their tails? I doubt it. They should use rat hairs swept up from floors...

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequoia View Post

Animal exploitation always angers and disturbs me, but animal exploitation for vanity just about pushes me over the edge.
Yes! When people exploit animals for food at least they think it's more necessary, no matter how inaccurate that actually is. With **** like this they KNOW it's cruelty for the sake of vanity but apparently are too shallow and gross to care. Yuck.

#12 ·
As an Esthetician, I choose products that are vegan, chemical free and glamourous. Mink Eyelashes are disgusting, but eyelash extensions are AWESOME, and one of the better brands out there is synthetic, vegan and cruelty free. From the experience of my clients, the mink lashes are actually fairly thick and picky, whereas the synthetic lashes are light weight and soft. So let's hope the synthetic choices dominate

#14 ·
Ew that would creep me out. I like getting my eyelashes done for stuff and the girl that does mine uses vegan lashes

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Eww D:

I already have really long eyelashes, I don't need them to be longer.
Lol, me, too, and I hate having long eyelashes! I always have to brush them out of my eyes because I can't see while wearing my glasses and all, I don't understand how people could want long ones.
But anyways, this "trend" reminds me of those weird feathers in people's hair. I don't know if it's just at my school or something, and I'm not sure if the feathers are real, but they're really odd looking and if they are real, then freaky. I even saw a place that does them at a fair, and they were really pricey considering it looks like you just found a battered feather on the road and tied it to your head with a cheap string

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.