VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi fennettine, welcome. I am fairly new here too, and am from the US. I did not know about the above. I think it is wrong to have any kind of animal experiments, but if it is true that the conditions will be better then at least it is a small step for the animals I guess. I am not sure at the moment if I really feel like getting into it with vivisectors, and such. I utterly despise them and I dont think I can handle what they have to say right now. But I will give the site some thought!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Welcome to VB, fenettine..we're practically neighbors.
What are you studying at the university?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenettine View Post

Hello, I'm new here
nice to find another busy veggie forum that I never knew about!! are most of you guys from the US?
Mostly that is the assumption, about 70-75% here are US members roughly.

(my own wild guess as a longstanding member, but still only a estimate...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenettine View Post

called 'pro-test' who march in favour of testing! Weird huh.

- Tina
Yeah, english anagrams all messed up, lol.... and tinagrams... I am anti pro tesTINAtion and pro- Tina, and well anyway.. hello from a westmidlander, UK

·
Registered
267 Posts
The state of the Oxford lab thing is ridiculous. Its a stupid idea for them to build it and use it in the way that is proposed, but instead of accepting that the building of it was inevitable, and having sensible and polite meetings with the organizers to try to ensure the best possible conditions for the animals, and that they were only used for vital research rather than any old biology student, there were threats made to the lives of staff and students at the university, which has done such damage to the public image of opposers that there are now only about 5 people brave enough to stand outside and wave their banners at scheduled protests.

That is why there are Pro-test marches organized, and why the disgusting thing appears so popular. They couldn't have done a better job of promoting the lab if they had been paid by the building contractors to do so. It makes me embarassed to be a vegetarian / animal rights person in Oxford because I feel that I somehow belong to a moral group which not only seems to believe that terrorism is ok, but is also so STUPID that it believes those tactics dont set the cause back 20 years.

*end rant on subject close to my heart*

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
good post armadillo, David Schimmer would be proud
(or would he?.....in any case, he dressed up as an armadillo in one epsiode of "Friends" comedy)...

Serious thoughts:

David Schimmer would be Proud......nonono...

errm,

Terrorist must hath display of lunacy only with special permits, like if they eat Crunchy nut cornflakes they should be, allowed, no~ shot.

Placards and banners advertizing vegan smirnoff = corporation lunacy and in favor of vegans maybe!!! but they still plagurize us no??

*I know*......whatever.....

.....And GOD DAMN anagrams such as 'Pro-Test' should be banned.... And those that persist using such motiff who rebel against common sense english must not therefore be allowed to judge its panel of opposition.. And not be allowed dissent nor insist contestants have a vocal range consisting of vocal harmonies compatible with and capable of convention and legitimate protest, the word which AR dudes at least maybe actually spell properly rather than their counterparts stooping to hijacking words which confuse matters. (of course that is the intention of the snobs to borrow words of others to infect the minds of small minded people like me
).

hey wait
well get this you PRO-TESTERONE label freaks, oh how effing clever. Play me play me play me, mo fo dick in a bow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA1: this was my legitimate style of protest, at the misuse & abuse of words.

ETA2: Not a swing at you Armadillo. I AM genuinely rather "in favor" of your remarks, but thats quite a different line of attack compared to my quirky stinging humour tangent line of attack ABOVE.........even if be it on the same subject and essentially in AGREEMENT
........BUT ALAS add to that I thought it was time for a smidgeon of retro non-sensiblity tempered with purposeful irreverant FARK style humour maybe.... (and with that closer to the truth maybe I'm just trying to help reinvent the true spirit of protest FOR THE ANIMALS, and for AR people, *myself included if you like* trying to keep the rain from killing OUR sense of humour)

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenarmadillo View Post

but instead of accepting that the building of it was inevitable, and having sensible and polite meetings with the organizers to try to ensure the best possible conditions for the animals, and that they were only used for vital research rather than any old biology student,
Doing this kind of thing would go against the abolitionist beliefs of some AR advocates.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hello! Considering that I'm only the second person in the US to reply, I can say that we have a pretty varied group of people here. We're probably mostly from the US, but there are a lot of people from many different countries.

I don't know anything about the lab you're talking about, so I'll just say welcome to VB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts