VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have thought about becoming a vegetarian every so often, but pulled the trigger after reading 'Skinny *******'. The book was a gift and I or the person who bought it had no idea what it was about...

It has been 1 week and counting!

I'm looking forward to learning from this community.

Take care,
Bill

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Good move, Bill, and welcome!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going on 2 months for me on a strict vegetarian diet. I have successfully stayed away from meat, dairy, eggs and anything derived from animals. I also gave up caffeine and alcohol at the same time, but i was reintroduced to the alcohol on New Years Eve

I'm not the best shopper or cook. My meals are pretty basic and repeat themselves quite a bit, but I feel great!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post

Going on 2 months for me on a strict vegetarian diet. I have successfully stayed away from meat, dairy, eggs and anything derived from animals. I also gave up caffeine and alcohol at the same time, but i was reintroduced to the alcohol on New Years Eve

I'm not the best shopper or cook. My meals are pretty basic and repeat themselves quite a bit, but I feel great!
Good job Baldman!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post

I also gave up alcohol, caffeine and drugs. You'll find that many sXe people are veg*n. Welcome, btw!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Welcome! I read Skinny ***** just over five years ago and like you, I had no idea what it was about. I thought it was just a health/weight loss book. The chapters on eating meat and dairy made me so sick that I actually threw up, and never touched meat again. I watched Earthlings a few days later and that sealed the deal.

Happy to have you here

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I know I'm late with my greeting, but hello and welcome
I'm glad you've made the switch!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, paisleyjane! Im happy to hear someone else had a similar experience from the 'skinny' books!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well done Bill, sounds like you are doing great. I have been veg*n 20 years and still have basic meals, but that's because I love them, so I don't see an issue with that :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome!!! If you ever get tired of basic foods, you'll get lots of great ideas here. Congratulations on your lifestyle change. (I eat super healthy, but I will never give up my red wine).

Laura

1 - 16 of 16 Posts