VeggieBoards banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hey joyfullgurl,

you are too kind

well, yes i have been through a lot. and wow, yes. it is amazing i made it to the here and now and am FINALLY becoming somewhat well adjusted. i have been kind of sketchy about why i became a vegan, cause well...it wasn't for animal welfare. i guess as a child i was interested in animals. i never made nor had much of any room in my wracked mind to make the connection of eating meat and the animals i enjoyed being in the company of though.

i have sort of decided that it would be in my own interests to try and make up for this broken link. just get involved with animals, and their welfare. you know, just get involved...but IN MY OWN WAY. i don't want to be running around chasing the circus or anything...heh. no offense
. my thinking being it will strengthen and reinforce these vegan values i have taken up.

thank you for sharing your own story. it is very powerfull to know that you have the power to make change occur in your own life, and to go about making that change conciously.

see yah around.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i'm glad to hear that you would like to start voicing your opinion and diet to get the word around. Everyone who wants to has a different way of showing their respect for animals. I've actually never picketed the circus...or anything for that matter, but that's just simply because I live in a small town hours away from the biggest city where anything like that actually happens
So, it's very hard to do anything. However, once in a while, I do make it to Chicago for meetings and to see what kind of restaurants they have there. I guess I just do the small things right now, but I would love to work with an animal associated non-profit organization when I get out of college.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts