VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been a vegetarian for 5 years. I was pescatarian for 4 1/2 years before that. I'm an Orthodox Christian, and eat vegan during fasting periods. I'm married to an omni, who eats veg for the most part, because he likes my cooking.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I, like you, have been vegetarian for a while, about 6 years. I've decided to go vegan this year. You're a lucky one-I'm married to a die-hard carnivore. I think he must have been a lion in a past life! HA! I am a fairly good cook, but I HATE cooking meat! My husband has even seen some of the atrocities of factory farming and still eats meat. You know that saying that if "slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegetarians"? Well, my husband would be staring through the window while eating a hamburger. But I have to say it is nice to have some support on the VB!

·
Registered
897 Posts
hi, welcome. i hear what you're saying about an omni SO. I got lucky - my wife and i transitioned at around the same time. maybe it's contagious

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome! The omni husband thing hasn't really been too much of an issue. Thankfully he's not a meat and potatoes guy, or it probably wouldn't work. I'd love for him to go veg, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts