VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

My name is Kirsty, I'm from Adelaide in South Australia and I'm new to veganism! I've been on-and-off vegetarian for almost 10 years now, always caving into peer pressure or my own laziness, but this time I'm starting for LIFE!

I've been thinking seriously about veganism for about 6 months, trying to cut back on my animal products etc, but what really pushed me over the edge was getting a stomach flu and having to bring up some not so nice animal junk from my belly. I never want to go through that again! EVER! So it's been about 3 days now and I'm feeling good. I did my first vegan grocery shop yesterday and although I was disappointed to see many of my go-to mock meat products contained milk and eggs, I didn't leave the store completely empty handed.

I'm looking forward to making new friends, getting healthier, and learning more about animal rights as time goes on!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome...I am new here as well & a new vegan. I, as well have been vegetarian for quite awhile but became vegan a few months ago. I have actually found it easier than I thought. Takes a tad more planning & eating out (in my area ) is pretty minimal, but I feel mentally & physically more grounded.
I do believe it is a journey and it is important for me to do what I feel is right...for my fellow earthlings & me

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hello Kirsty,

Welcome on board. I also joined yesterday and am delighted by the international community on here. It is very interesting to see how people manage to follow a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle in different countries.

Overhere in France, virtually all processed foods contain some kind of dairy produce. Cooking from scratch is very often the only option that I have. I don't really mind as I'm not one for buying ready made meals anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.