VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't sleep! I know this is more of a cat, rabbit, snake, anythingbutaneffingdog board, but whatevs. We're finally getting a new dog because the HOA is allowing two. She's been in the Shelter a week and we got first dibs. Checked on her again today and she is still there waiting. Poor thing. Came up to me right away, then would not leave. I am not supposed to be attached since she isn't ours yet, but I so am. Currently, we have a lab/pit 5 year old who is very friendly with all dogs and non-efftard cats. We will meet her and pay the adoption fee in the morning (few hours), then after her spay surgery, we pick her up. We were completely undecided on the type and size of dog, but this is our new girl. I hope she survives her surgery okay.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Congratulations on the new dog, and congratulations to the dog and her new home.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
She's gorgeous. We've been looking at adopting a dog, but we're going to wait now til after the (human) baby comes, as it'll be easier for the canine kid to adjust that way.

BTW...I think there are plenty of dog people on these boards.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

I love it when people rescue. As far as I am concerned, you're a hero.
Aw. Thanks! Just someone who would rather save a dog than go to a filthy breeder. I felt quite useless after seeing all of the homeless dogs and kittehs, but only being able to take home one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.