VeggieBoards banner
241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I was in Bathurst last weekend. We drove up from Halifax to see the husband's family in Matane. We stopped in Bathurst both ways. A two year old in the car somewhat affects your ability to drive straight through.
On the way up, we went to the superstore and got some veggies and purely decadent soy ice cream, and then went to the little playground on...Queen Street maybe? And ate ice cream and played for an hour or so. A couple walked by with a dog....maybe it was you, Cassiopeia!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I was in Bathurst last weekend. We drove up from Halifax to see the husband's family in Matane. We stopped in Bathurst both ways. A two year old in the car somewhat affects your ability to drive straight through.
On the way up, we went to the superstore and got some veggies and purely decadent soy ice cream, and then went to the little playground on...Queen Street maybe? And ate ice cream and played for an hour or so. A couple walked by with a dog....maybe it was you, Cassiopeia!
Jeez I just saw this now!

I don't have a dog though, so it couldn't have been me. But, I walk by that playground a lot though, and I live not too far from there. It used to be called Causeway Park, on the Causeway bridge, but for some reason, it's called Richelieu Park now...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey there-I posted this on another thread, but now found this thread---anyone still around??

Hi, totally new to this site, I have lived the Veg life for about 6 years. I just moved from BC, Canada to SJ, New Brunswick and am pretty frustrated with the lack of Restaurants, Shopping, etc. Of course, that hasn't deterred me, and creativity is part of the process. More importantly though, in looking to see if there was any other VegHeads in the area I have had no luck. Any ideas anyone? Very Best-Tim

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilardor View Post

Hey there-I posted this on another thread, but now found this thread---anyone still around??

Hi, totally new to this site, I have lived the Veg life for about 6 years. I just moved from BC, Canada to SJ, New Brunswick and am pretty frustrated with the lack of Restaurants, Shopping, etc. Of course, that hasn't deterred me, and creativity is part of the process. More importantly though, in looking to see if there was any other VegHeads in the area I have had no luck. Any ideas anyone? Very Best-Tim
If you ever make you way to Moncton you MUST eat at Calactus (it is an AWSOME veg*n restaurant!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn_m View Post

Hey I'm looking to start a vegan meet up, interested?
I also live in the SJ area, I would definitely be interested in a meet up!

Sadly, as far as restaurants etc go things are pretty slim. There are no vegan eateries but there are various places that will serve vegan food. Particularly the market downtown has a great selection of snacks and ethnic foods. Also check around for the Chinese markets they often have frozen vegan dumplings and other prepared foods.

The superstore in rothesay has finally agreed to stock Earth Balance! So you should be able to pick some up there, or ask the ones in town to do the same. Sobeys is just starting to stock a variety of vegan milks and ice creams, you just have to look for them. Java moose offers soymilk for coffee and lattees as does Sessions (they also have a flaun dessert that is vegan and non-dairy whipped cream), the red whale also offers soymilk (Free of charge!!).

Their is also a Thai Hut out in Quispamsis that has vegan pad thai and various other vegan dishes, they are also great for customization and knowing what has fish sauce etc.

East Side Mario's has a few vegan options as well, burchetta without cheese, salads, vegetable soup (I was surprised to learn the broth was vegetable), angle hair primavara etc. The mall has a few options at mother natures (salads, pockets, stir fries etc), the Chinese buffet sometimes has a vegetable dish or two but their fried rice has egg. The Japaneses grill now has vegetable yakisoba although I think their sauce has chicken stock, so be sure to ask.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What is the best health food store in New Brunswick?

I live on PEI and my options are very limited when it comes to organic produce. I'm looking for the best health food with the biggest selection of organic produce. I'm willing to make a drive to stock up.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
My SuperStore in Bathurst has a decent health food section, with many vegetarian, vegan products. I'm thinking any SuperStore in the province would probably match up or supersede our store though, since I'm in a smaller city.

As for organic produce, it has some, but I wouldn't say that it has an extensive selection.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyoffspring View Post

Hey, you guys in NB probably have it better than I do on PEI. Not much here, but I'm able to get by.
Organics aside, I find that Charlottetown has a very good selection of veg*n items

Or at least did... I haven't lived there in a couple of years.

241 - 260 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.