VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is close-on (99%) what I ACTUALLY wrote to yahoo shortly before switching back to old yahoo mail after this wicked boy, feedback !!

Dear "trying hard yahoo"...I know this may sound rude, but you don't want fluff, and NEITHER DO I honey!!!!

The reason I don't like the new Beta yahoo mail is because its ALL TOO EASY to click on something that is SPAM and THAT can only spell BAD NEWS... Back to the old for me I DO think permanently unless you YAHOO GENIUSES out there can make SPAM safer to delete. And also another problem tied in with that is, the next message will open when I delete a spam, which guess what, could very likely be another spam, and I can see such, since obviously I can see the queing order in which spam enters my mailbox inbox, but just because I can see that before clicking, DOES NO MAKE IT OKAY.... BECAUSE, SORRY, BUT

I COULD JUST AS LIKELY OPEN A DARN SPAM AS BE ABLE TO DRAG IT TO THE BIN, AND WELL ITS ALL TOO FIDDLY, SO THAT IF YOU DO WANNA MAKE USERS MAKE *GOOD* USE OF DRAG AND DROP PUHHHHLEASEE MAKE IT SO THAT THE D+D TOOL IS NEARER TO THE FOLDERS, AND ANYWAY I DON'T LIKE THE INTERFACE... SORRY, BUT THATS HONESTY AND MINE FLIES IN THE FACE OF WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR, BUT THATS HONESTY!

However a good idea, and I think the only one suckers, (I mean darlings) was that the tickboxes for marking spam is good BUT FOR THAT FACT tickboxes are waaaaay gaaaaay too close to the action which is to click actually on the message which if a spam containing a virus, you don't want users accidently contradicting what they are actually trying to avoid by clicking on it. DUH!!!! Everything is so pale too. A pale of water from an encrusted well, wiith residue would have more depth of color than the opaque I don't know what color you've used for your BETA, way to impress. Sheesh..... Anyway, thanx for trying I guess.

I want a Beta that is dishy not fishy!
for real!!!

Yours, magnaminously profaned to the point of sanguine ineptitude!! but still try try again!! Luke warm dissentry!

Don't take it to heart Yahoo, Boohoo....I am praying for Cheers!
Maybe your friend Google could help you? no??

SERIOUS DISCLAIMER:

(no offence to gays, unless you are a staff member of Microsoft, but MS does not apply here, so chill PLEASE!!!...Humour here is at the expense of Yahoo, with a reality kick at that!!!)

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what, they haven't replied yet
....but not wanting to be a lamer, I ticked the option to have them reply back to me if they want....we shall see....

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
[troub]

Unffffort-t-t-tunately no one c-c-c-an be t-t-told ab-b-bout the t-t-tubes. You hhhhhave to sssssee th-them for yourssssself.

[/troub]

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
I can get beta to work at home, but not at work. It's weird. Same OS and browser at both. At work, the page keeps reloading. Maybe it's my network at work. But I VPNd to a different network and I had the same problem.

I don't like how there is no longer a direct advanced search page where you can add criteria all at once. AFAIK you have to search on a word, then limit step by step from their lists of things.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Very Outlookish. VA definitely has a point about the spam. They have some bugs with mail being marked as read, and messages opening that I hope they figure out soon.

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
VA, If you go into Mail Options and click on the Spam subheading, there is an option for "Show incoming images". The default option is "Always, except in Spam folder" but you should change that to "Only from my contacts and Certified senders." That way it does not matter if you open up a spam message or not. Spammers use the images to verify that a message has been opened, so if you disable the images from showing immediately upon opening a message, then you don't have to worry about whether or not you accidentally open a spam message. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definately interesting kpickell, but what ru defining as a "message image?"

This makes spam like a ghost of a message effectively and inert/harmless?

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Correct. Any images in the message will be blocked, making the spam effectively harmelss. A bar appears above the message letting you know that images have been blocked and asking you if you want to view them or not, so if it's not spam you can then click the button that says you want to view the images.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok, but as I don't like the interface n' all, so thats it on my part as I'm still opting out, and going back to using the old version as indeed I did (with a simple switch, which is no hassle at all, even if by doing so you/we/I may get a bit extra spam, I guess, in the older version but hey ho anyway. Spam Spam dirty Spam, where does it all come from, LOL)....

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well green is an improvement at least, is it a light or darker green? I never looked into what color schemes you can have, care to tell what they are for a free account?

I can't be arsed switching back to find out now, at least until BETA becomes standard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.