VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- A new law that comes into force this week gives federal authorities expanded powers to prosecute animal rights militants -- as the State Department is warning that their activities eclipse terrorism as a day-to-day security problem for U.S. companies in Western Europe.

Bush signed S 3880, the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act, without fanfare at the White House Monday morning, before flying to the Baltic for a NATO summit.

The bill is designed to make it easier for the FBI and Justice Department to wire-tap and prosecute animal rights extremists who mount campaigns of low-level criminal harassment against animal researchers both in the commercial and educational sectors."

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/n...hts_terror_law

·
Registered
181 Posts
*snarl* DIE BUSH DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People should realise they can't just use animals to test things on. I don't care what excuse they have.

At the same time, the animal right activists should know better than to resort to violence. After all, they are campaigning against violence to animals. They should practice what they preach.

I still want to hurt Bush.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just worried the whole law is going to go too far and target peaceful activists as well. There's going to be a glich somewhere.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I can use this as one of the laws for the presentation I'm doing in Participation in Gov. class.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts