VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Lisa. I just made this change a couple of months ago, starting with dairy and then cutting out meat and eggs. I have backyard chickens, so I'lll likely still use their eggs in baking until I have time to concentrate on Vegan baking methods. I still find that I grab things that I'm used to eating without checking for animal ingredients and I'm going to tackle that as soon as I get our meal plans figured out. I got a veggie burrito last week and remembered to ask for no ranch, but completely forgot about cheese.<br><br>
The first week of change was pretty easy with few mishaps. A friend asked what I was doing because I looked 10 years younger (this was just the milk being gone). When I cut meat my skin broke out like never before and stayed that way for a few weeks. Joint pain, eczema, fatigue, constant throat clearing and horrible breakouts. This past week, my skin finally cleared up and looks great (slightly oily, very soft). I'm having some regular headaches, but the rest of my body (my tummy especially) feels great. Still clearing my throat a lot. I no longer feel weighed down by food and get up from the table refreshed, not miserable. I wake up hungry which never used to happen. My fingers look so long and thin since they're no longer puffy. My body odor, which used to laugh at any deodorant is gone. So, I"m feeling pretty good.<br><br>
I had one day last week when I kind of felt that doing this alone was pointless. Not bad for first month. I had a very small portion of meat. I got up from the table feeling really heavy and sick, so it really helped confirm for me that I'm on the right path. I listen to Compassionate cooks podcast regularly and watched Earthlings just to keep that motivation. I'm hoping that soon habit takes over and I won't have to keep motivated.<br><br>
I am married and a homeschooling mother of four. I'm about to start working toward a master's degree in the evenings.<br><br>
I'm having a few issues which I will ask about in the appropriate forum. I just wanted to introduce myself first.

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards.<br><br>
Married with four kids and about to start studying for a degree! Are you sure you have enough time to post on Veggieboards!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts