VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!

I'm a mom of 2 and I've just recently made the decision to eliminate all animal products from my diet...for many reasons...ethical/environmental as well as health related. I've been working on eliminating dairy for quite some time, as I had suspected that it wasn't helping my allergies or tummy woes.
Also, the biggest motivator...my little girl, who is 6 and suffers from Crohn's Disease, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and uveitis. We recently made some changes to her diet--- eliminating dairy, gluten and reducing sugar, in hopes that some healing will be accomplished through nutrition that hasn't been possible despite the use if many very scary meds.
Dairy and sugar we know to be problems...the jury is out on gluten, as we still need more time.

In the meantime, I have been reading about some who have had great success healing inflammation on vegan diets, and have also really for the first time in my life started to consider the inhumane effects of a diet based on animal products. I suppose you could say I have been enlightened, and I can no longer fathom eating meat, drinking milk, or eating eggs.

I did a huge pantry cleanout and shopped Sunday to stock up on a few staples, but have a long way to go. My biggest need now is to find some easy, quick recipes and dishes I can make and everyone can eat, including my daughter and 9 year old son...who by the way, decided at 8 that he was no longer eating meat or fish or anything that once was living and breathing. And he hasn't.

Enough about me. Time for maple peanut butter oatmeal!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome! I'm so glad you've decided to become vegan! VB has a great support system if you ever need it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.