VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't know about the cookies but that Sonoma burger looks wonderful! I love Amy's products, especially the burritoes and spinach pockets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven't had anything from Amy's that I didn't like - very good stuff! Oh and Wal-Mart (if you aren't anti-walmart anyway lol) has the frozen dinners for $3.18 as opposed to Harris Teeter's price of $4.59..at least here in NC.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I love Amy's. I do try to cook when I can manage it, but Amy's has been a sanity saver on many an occasion when I didn't feel like cooking. I love that they clearly label which products are vegan so I don't have to waste time scanning ingredient lists. I always have a ton of their bean burritos in my freezer, plus usually at least a couple frozen dinners as well.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The vegan Amy's stuff I've had is awesome, agreed. Those burritos, the little shepherd's pies, the caramelized onion cheeseless pizza... Mmm, *drooling*.

Too bad about these cookies.

·
Banned
841 Posts
I am in love with their spinach and tofu wraps! Although agreed about the cookies, you'd think a company like Amy's would be on top of that one a bit more.

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I don't understand the dairy thing . I wish the nutritional info and ingredients were posted but it looks like the boxes say "contain dairy" from the pic. It does seem like a lot of people that need to go gluten free also have a dairy intolerance as well so it would make sense to leave out both.

I haven't found the new sonoma burger in stores yet and I haven't seen the cakes around in months.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

I am in love with their spinach and tofu wraps!
Mmm, sounds good. Haven't seen those around here...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Samosa wrap for the win. I could eat one every day. Yum yum.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Wannabe View Post

Samosa wrap for the win. I could eat one every day. Yum yum.
Another I'm not familiar with. But this is how I feel about their burritos, yummm.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I wouldn't miss out too much if the cookies are not vegan. I get some pretty good vegan cookies in my area. I wish vegan cake was more available. I don't like to bake because I eat it all too fast.

But I've been buying Amy's products for years.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

I wouldn't miss out too much if the cookies are not vegan. I get some pretty good vegan cookies in my area. I wish vegan cake was more available. I don't like to bake because I eat it all too fast.
Agreed. However, I've found one good thing about being vegan is that I can't eat most conventional desserts, which means I usually have to bake if I want something like that. This means I eat fewer sweets overall, since I'm often too lazy to make them myself

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

Agreed. However, I've found one good thing about being vegan is that I can't eat most conventional desserts, which means I usually have to bake if I want something like that. This means I eat fewer sweets overall, since I'm often too lazy to make them myself
+1

·
Banned
841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

+2! I'm often too lazy to cook also, so it forces me to have a piece of fruit or a cup of soy yogurt if I'm craving something sweet. Of course, coconut milk and rice milk ice cream rock, but then again from the time I left home I've always had a rule that I don't keep a supply of junk food in my house.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

How has no one mentioned Amy's Tofu Scramble breakfast?! One of my favs.
I do love this as well. I prefer my own tofu scramble, but Amy's is great when I'm too lazy for that.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Dairy does not help cookies one single bit. I have never ate a vegan cookie and said "this needs some milk". Eggs can make a difference in terms of chewiness. But if it's about taste, dairy doesn't help the flavor. I don't know why this line of cookies could not be made vegan. I've been munching on a box of "Back To Nature" chocolate chunk cookies that are mouth watering. Sorry, Amy's, you didn't win me over this time. It's Back To Nature for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts