VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ladies, gentleman, and ladies. I'm new to the forum from Bucks County, PA. After being an avid meat enthusiast for 21 years I figured I'll try the other side for 21 years before making an informed decision. I've been ovo lacto for about a week, but I'm trying to cut as much dairy out as possible. Sadly though, I think I'll end up falling into the dreaded pesco category, what with my blatant disregard for mollusk life... But how are YOU doing?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Welcome! When it comes to mollusks I think considering the environmental devastation caused by fishing them should factor into your decision as well. They may not have nervous systems but the way humans are harvesting them is destroying our oceans and coral reefs.

I think you might find this quite convincing: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...disappear.html

(Also, if you are going to eat mollusks in spite of that you should know this is a vegetarian support board and people who eat fish aren't allowed to post)

If you do decide to stick with vegetarianism then welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, and I'll definitely read that when I have a few minutes. The site will be a good resource whether I post or not, so I figured I'd join.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts