VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never knew things said NON-VEGETARIAN on them! I got soup that didnt have chicken but still had the broth and it sint veggie.... It might sound bad but i think im still going to eat it and slowly try to find a veggie soup i liek..since i have never ate a soup other then chicken noodle....it doesnt have chicken in it, that counts for something right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238,393 Posts
If it has chicken broth in it, it's made from chickens that suffered just as much. It just has less animal in it. If you eat it, you're no longer vegetarian, but you already bought it, and have to make the final decision yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i Know
im just worried that if i give up all of my fav thigns to quickly, then its not goign to be something i stick with

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

If it has chicken broth in it, it's made from chickens that suffered just as much. It just has less animal in it. If you eat it, you're no longer vegetarian, but you already bought it, and have to make the final decision yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
Sumsums, Fantastic World Foods makes a yummy chicken noodle soup that doesn't have a drop of chicken in it (no chicken meat, no chicken broth, nothing formerly live). Simply Asia makes one too called Sesame Chicken that also doesn't have chicken in it. I've had them both and they're really quite good AND I found them both at my local grocery store.


No need to give up your favs - not when there's yummy alternatives existing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANK YOU!!!!! I really want to stick with this, and you have NO IDEA how much that will help me! i pretty much lived on soup when i was anarexic...so its a food im really use to...im googling that now to find where i can buy it!

Any other good foods you know of that you think i would like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

Sumsums, Fantastic World Foods makes a yummy chicken noodle soup that doesn't have a drop of chicken in it (no chicken meat, no chicken broth, nothing formerly live). Simply Asia makes one too called Sesame Chicken that also doesn't have chicken in it. I've had them both and they're really quite good AND I found them both at my local grocery store.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,774 Posts
It's okay to take things slowly... Just don't go too slowly or you might give up and not go completely veg.

There are vegetarian broths out there that taste like chicken broth. You could make soup with those to help the transition.

Edit: I posted the same time as people who had actual brand names.
Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumsums View Post

Any other good foods you know of that you think i would like?
There are lots of websites that sell good vegge food. I love Amy's food. You can find it in a lot of stores. It's delicious! I love her burritos! She also makes http://www.amys.com/products/category_view.php?prod_category=14]soups [/url]

Another thing you can do is look at online foof stores. When you find something you like, either order it or google to see where you could buy it around you.

http://store.foodfightgrocery.com/

http://veganessentials.com/

http://veganstore.com/

http://www.veganunlimited.com/

http://www.vegecyber.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
Simply Asia is good. Most of the ones I've seen are vegan but iirc, some aren't (I think the Miso Tofu isn't vegan and I can't remember what else of that line isn't vegan, so as always, read lables). The Sesame Chicken and the Spring Noodle are both my fav but I like the Szechwan Hot & Sour, too. They also make "take out boxes" (soup mix that comes in a Chinese takeaway box) and most of the flavours I've tried are teh yum, too. The Pad Thai and Szechwan Garlic are really good.

Fantastic World Foods soup cups are yummy and quick. They're a bit on the small side so I'd pair them up with a salad, sammich or something else to help round out the meal. They also make a lovely snack (seriously, I've been known to chow on one when it's late and I'm hungry but I don't want a lot of food bogging me down). They also make other food mixes that are scrummy, too (mmmm.... Bombay Potatoes
).

Thai Kitchen has some vegan soups but some are not vegan at all. Anything in this line, I read the lables on at least 2-3 times JUST to make sure there's nothing icky in it (I've been slipped with one of thier soups in past so I'm super cautious about them now). I can't remember which one in this line I like the most but I think one of them is garlic -something or something -garlic.

Annie Chuns also has some really good, comforting noodle soups. Their Teriyaki noodle soup is devine but I haven't tried the others yet b/c I've just discovered this line.

Dang, now I'm hungry.... *wanders off to the kitchen*
 
Joined
·
19,656 Posts
amys has not only has soups, but even has a no-chicken noodle one, that you might like.

http://www.amys.com/products/categor...od_category=14

you can also buy chicken flavoured bouillon and stock cubes that alledgedly taste like chicken (never tried em myself- not a big fan of the chicken flavour in general) - try looking in the seasonings section of big local grocery stores, as well as the natural foods, world foods, and allergy sections of the store, and go scope out your local health food store- they're always helpful!

also, cooking things like tofu and fake chicken using the same herbs and seasonings as you would usually put with chicken, might be fun and result in a similar taste and flavour.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I know what you're talking about. One of the things Vegetarians face is constantly finding things they used to love that they can't eat when they thought they could. Just this morning I figured out I can't eat Pop-Tarts because their's gelatin in the frosting, so now I just get the kind without frosting and it's ok. Like me, you'll find a soup you like even if it doesn't have chicken broth.

Also I was wondering how is chicken broth made, all I know is it's made from a chicken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepplin4life View Post

I know what you're talking about. One of the things Vegetarians face is constantly finding things they used to love that they can't eat when they thought they could. Just this morning I figured out I can't eat Pop-Tarts because their's gelatin in the frosting, so now I just get the kind without frosting and it's ok. Like me, you'll find a soup you like even if it doesn't have chicken broth.

Also I was wondering how is chicken broth made, all I know is it's made from a chicken
I think Amy's even makes a "poptart-type" breakfast pastry!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
do u know if maggie noodles r vegetarian? theyre liek beef flavours so i assumed they werent buut on the packet it doenst say nethign about it but it says it includes natural flvour, would that haev beef in it? or is it or like artificial?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top