VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Having experienced rapidly deteriorating health and an ever expanding midsection on the SAD, with a little nudging from a raw vegan friend of mine, I have decided to jump right into the raw vegan lifestyle. I get paid next week, so that is when I start. I found community garden in my area that will let put in "sweat equity" for veggies and a local co-op! I am really excited and nervous as well. I am really looking forward to the detox period! Yeah! LOL!! Well, you will see me around and probably get sick of my never ending questions, but I am glad to be here and glad I found this place!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good for you, i will help you any way i can, i got lots of books and educated myself with how to uncook and make things delicious and it is easier to stick with , love to hear other peoples stories, so keep in touch, you will feel so good.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Welcome! I hope it works out for you!
Be sure to take a B12 supplement. You may want to have a backup plan of going 70% raw vegan and 30% cooked vegan just in case you find yourself really struggling with being raw. Please don't think of it like it's all or nothing. The more your calories come from plants instead of animals, the higher yourchances for health

Oh and also try to get in some exercise. If your goal is health improvement then regular exercise is essential!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to be gentle with myself, for sure! This is going to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. B12 supplements are already in my posession and I am looking into a Bikram yoga class. My job has a free gym too! Yay!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello! I'm sorta new to all this, too. I bought the book "Raw Food Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet." Great for beginners! Not a lot of equipment needed which is great when just starting. And the meals are (so far) absolutely delicious! Good luck! It can be expensive. I eat a ton of bananas and banana ice cream since they're a little cheaper. I could never get tired of the ice cream. Yummy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can be expensive, but I found a co-op and am just going to stick to the basics, nothing fancy for now. I have a small juicer at home, a sharp knife and a regular blender. I'm not going to even think about a Vitamix until I know I'm going to stick with this! Besides, I'm broke. LOL!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts