VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 years ago, when I was in my early 20s, I decided to go vegan. I tried to hide it at first because most of my closest family and friends are ultra-conservative... And they still are. I'm ashamed to admit that over time my passion for eating and living a vegan lifestyle diminished and at this point I'm just another omnivore, wanting desperately to get back to where I was. Unfortunately, I am still afraid of all of the factors that led me astray in the first place - the condescension of my family and friends, the rapid and drastic weight loss as a result of my inexperience and ignorance concerning how to eat a proper vegan diet, etc.
Any advice? Can anyone recommend a book or resource that can help me make a proper and healthy transition, as well as help me keep my weight up? (I'm thin to begin with and don't really want to lose 20 pounds like i did the first time I made the switch ha!)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I would say maybe your best bet is to visit a vegan friendly nutritionist. They can recommend a good menu and all the right supplements and that sort of good stuff...Of course if this is out of the question, I'll have to get back to you on other resources for specifics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts