VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my laptop just over a month and there are a few things I would like to tidy up ......its not my laptop just me
and my knowlede in regard working the damn thing .

When I open an e/mail (outlook express) and click onto a link form a web page it opens in the bottom bar I then have to click on that then the page opens half size I then have to click on that to open full page

So how do I teak the thing up so when I click on a link in e/mail that I get the hay presto full page .

Next when I down load a movie on to my hard drive how can I down load it direct to a dvd disk without putting it on my hard drive first . Or I cant do that?.

And theres more (windows XP pro) When I deleat a movie from my video folder it just goes poff and its gone I think i am just delating the entery in my video folder not the whole video of my hard drive what am I doing wrong

Any help would be

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

Had my laptop just over a month and there are a few things I would like to tidy up ......its not my laptop just me
and my knowlede in regard working the damn thing .

When I open an e/mail (outlook express) and click onto a link form a web page it opens in the bottom bar I then have to click on that then the page opens half size I then have to click on that to open full page

So how do I teak the thing up so when I click on a link in e/mail that I get the hay presto full page .

Next when I down load a movie on to my hard drive how can I down load it direct to a dvd disk without putting it on my hard drive first . Or I cant do that?.

And theres more (windows XP pro) When I deleat a movie from my video folder it just goes poff and its gone I think i am just delating the entery in my video folder not the whole video of my hard drive what am I doing wrong

Any help would be
Outlook express is a DANGEROUS email client. It has many known secuirty exploits that people will and do use regularly to install adware, spyware, viruses, and worms. If you want to keep your computer in good health and value your privacy please pick a better email client. My preference is evolution.

You can not, nor would you want to (for technical reasons), download directly to DVD. Just download it to the hard drive first then burn it once it is finished. What is the harm in that? The internet connection wouldn't be fast enough to keep up with the burner which would cause the light inside the burner to be on for a VERY long time, cause it to have a short life.

Not sure about the last one. Maybe it is going to your recycle bin?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.