VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SO and I enjoy spending time together and although we are both homebodies we would like to be able to look back and say we lead an exciting life. Lately we seem to be feeling pretty restless at home and would like more ideas on what else there is to do. What do you guys enjoy doing on your days off? We have the basics covered going to the movies, dinner, watch live bands and the market... we would like more suggestions

Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
My husband and I often have the same problem. We are also short on cash most days. We try to go outdoors. We have a great system of metroparks where we live and we take the dogs for walks there. We also take our digital camera along and try to find interesting things on the path.

We also try to plan weekend trips when we can. We'll drive to a "near-by" place and stay in a cheap hotel and figure out something fun to do there that isn't too expensive.

We have also gone to the local shelters and volunteered with the animals there. Taking them on walks, brushing, and loving on them.

Sometimes you just have to get out of the house and find some different scenery!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm a stay-at-home type myself, but here are some things I like when I want to get out:

* A hike in the mountains

* "Exploring" a nearby town or locale you're not familiar with yet

* A picnic

* Visiting a spa, hot springs, etc.

* An interesting class, lecture, or meeting

* Get together with friends

·
Registered
885 Posts
My husband and I try to make the most of our time together, whether its indoors or out. We play video games together, we'll read books outloud to each other, we cook together... :)

We love to walk outside. We live in an area where there is a lot to do, so there are festivals and whatnot happening all the time - we check the paper to see what's happening in town, and we go take advantage of it. We also love to have dinner with friends.... we take turns hosting, and its a lot of fun. Our friends are always so proud when they come up with a great vegetarian dish for us! :) Probably dinner parties is what we do most. We had one last week, another one this saturday at another friend's home! At the parties we often play games, from something as old-fashioned as pictionary, to something as crazy as Dance Dance Revolution, hehe (let me tell you, this is hilarious in groups.)

Its wonderful you are trying to keep the spice alive! :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Most of my days off are spent doing housework and errands and getting a head start on the next week. Unfortunately.

When I break away from that, I go visit family or friends, explore a new area, try a new restaurant (or go back to an old favorite). More often I'll curl up with a good book and recharge my batteries that way.

·
Registered
773 Posts
We also love going to our library. It is huge!! We go and get books, magazines, and movies we want to see or old favorites. We have a county wide library system set up so you can order anything online you want from another library and have it sent your local branch. I love that feature and use it often!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My wife and I love to spend time together as well. We usually work on the house, do errands or shopping together one of the days of the weekend. On the days we "do something" we'll often

Go on a bicycle ride

Go wine tasting

Visit an art gallery, museum or artist's open studio

Go to the library

Go to San Francisco and find something to do

Look in the events section of one of the local papers to find some sort of fair, festival or special event.

Have friends over

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Go to Vegas. You can leave on a Friday after work, hang out on Saturday, and leave to go home on Sunday.

It sounds rushed, but it's fun.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Bike Riding, dog parks (if you have a dog. and a park), spend hours at the humane society just playing with the animals, and lots of sex. But not with the animals. That's weird.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post

Go to Vegas. You can leave on a Friday after work, hang out on Saturday, and leave to go home on Sunday.

It sounds rushed, but it's fun.
That's the stuff
I'm flying over to the US tomorrow to join Astro in Vegas for a week - I pretty excited.

She's already been there for about 4 days, she told me she's gone a "do a Britney" while she's there. Im not sure if that means she's coming back married, pregnant or both

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you all for such great ideas. Some of the suggestions mentioned will definetly be tried. Exploring nearby cities, more walks with our camera, finding more events that are happening locally so that we can take advantage of them. With the cold winter weather fast approaching some of the suggestions may have to wait til next spring like the picnics, bike riding etc. Financially we aren't able to take random trips or stay in hotels right now but it's something that later down the road we will be able to do.The dinner party idea sounds like great fun. Definetly something we'll have to try out, although sad to say we do have a few friends that I know this would never work out with because of difference in beliefs they think we're crazy because we don't eat meat.

Again I just want to thank you all for all the great ideas..something my SO and I will have to discuss further and see what we come up with

·
Registered
5 Posts
Weekend road trips. Go someplace new that takes only 2-3 hours to get to (so you don't spend all your days off on the road). Stay in a hotel and explore where ever you went. Internet search prior to going to find out about hotspots in the area. Museums, hiking trails, tourist attractions, etc. Anything you do will be new and something to remember later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts