VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been vegan for about 10 years now and things have been going well. Recently I’ve been going back to the gym 5 days a week and I’m trying to eat well and looking carefully at my macros (fat/protein/carbs) but I’ve been finding it harder and harder to eat right for the amount of exercise I want to do, be healthy and still be vegan. I don’t feel like I’m getting what I need. I’m considering going back to being vegetarian and introducing stuff like eggs or whey protein back into my diet but I’ve been vegan for so long that I guess I just need support to make this decision. It’s getting super expensive too. I guess I just want to see what others think of this.

I’m also pretty picky (usually because if the texture.)

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
There's far too much evidence now that vegan athletes can get all their nutritional needs met, I see no reason to exploit animals. Have you considered consulting a plant-based registered dietician?

Matt Ruscigno is an RD who has literally written the book on plant-based sports nutrition. Robert Cheeke also has several books on the topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there!
Congratulations first of all for all of this time being a vegan. I definitely do not think you need to give up in your diet, but you should probably change it, though.
I have learned a lot from people on Youtube for example. Avantgardevegan focuses a lot on protein and post workout meals. Pickup limes, The Happy Pear. You can learn from these guys some really good recipes, on a budget as well.
I also started posting some videos on Grinning Hippos, but I do not have sufficient content yet. I would recommend you, though, the vegan fish eggs salad for mornings. It is really nourishing and pretty inexpensive for the amount you get

1 - 3 of 3 Posts