VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a major meat eating and red state, but Omaha is liberal, and vegetarianism is just plain right. Nebraskans, where are you? Speak up?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Tom. I hate to say it, but I think the lack of response to your post speaks for itself

·
Registered
36 Posts
OOPs! I must have opened a new thread, (under PLEASE Don't Give Up!!!), but I wanted to reply on this thread, to tom_zecat, so sorry!!! Anyways, nice to meet a fellow veggie Nebraskan!!!

·
I ♥ Vegan Guys ◕‿◕
3,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nava View Post

OOPs! I must have opened a new thread, (under PLEASE Don't Give Up!!!), but I wanted to reply on this thread, to tom_zecat, so sorry!!! Anyways, nice to meet a fellow veggie Nebraskan!!!
That was 3 years ago xD

·
Registered
36 Posts
OOPS!!! That is funny, I didn't even see the date it was posted, boy, don't I feel embassed now!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Tom,

I have been Vegan for 14 years. Trying to go raw. My boyfriend is from VA. has been vegan for 10 years. and has been raw for 3 years. We plan to move back later in the year. Omaha is ridiculous.I haven't met any one is a real Vegan. Some people just can't make that connection.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I thought the only reason why I never met any here was because I was a hermit... maybe not. I remember seeing a restaurant online a few years ago that that I think was vegan... so I assumed there were at least a few. Still haven't tried that place yet. :(

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I think Isa Moskowitz lives in Nebraska, but I'm not sure...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Panda View Post

Which restaurant is that?
I tried to look for it but couldn't find it :( I saw it about 3 years ago so either not around anymore or my search was horrible and I didn't realize it.

There are a few that have a lot of vegan options though. Like McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe. I think most of their menu is vegan. I've been a few times and while not the best vegan food I've had, still pretty good. I love their sweet potato fries with banana ketchup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree with everyone here. Never met another vegan or vegetarian here. But I work at Taco Bell and have customers come in and order everything with beans instead of beef. Most of them still have cheese/sour cream on their orders. And there isn't really any way of telling if they're even from Nebraska, as the store is right on the interstate and most of the customers are travellers. But even that isn't accurate because I know quite a few people who get beans instead of beef because they don't like taco bells beef.

In general, there are a lot of things I don't like about the state, but maybe it's because I've lived here my entire life in the same house.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purp View Post

I think Isa Moskowitz lives in Nebraska, but I'm not sure...
Yes, Isa lives in Omaha, Nebraska. I follow her on Facebook and it's listed as her current city.

Aristede
book2.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts