VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
I know! I found this site a couple of weeks ago, but didn't post it here, because I figured it was old news. I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,049 Posts
It is old news, there have been aprox. 12,634,567,890 threads on Vegan Lunch Box.

However, since most people never utilize thast handy-dandy "search" feature, it can't hurt to have yet another thread about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
This is great, because I am currently raising a girlfriend who could use all sorts of food at school. These ideas will go "miles and miles and miiiiiiiles" The Who... "oh yeah"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,049 Posts
"Raising a girlfriend"?

What the...

(Oh, and if you go to blogspot.com, or any other blog site, and do a search, there are literally hundreds of vegan blogs about family, raising vegan kids and a vegan lifestyle...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

It is old news, there have been aprox. 12,634,567,890 threads on Vegan Lunch Box.

However, since most people never utilize thast handy-dandy "search" feature, it can't hurt to have yet another thread about it.
So sorry. I'm pretty new to all of this and thought this had some interesting ideas. I didn't know we had to search to see if something was ever in the history of this board been discussed. I will certainly be more careful in the future. That just sounded so unfriendly. I hope that this board isn't like that and I just took this the wrong way. I was really excited to be here and just started posting yesterday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

So sorry. I'm pretty new to all of this and thought this had some interesting ideas. I didn't know we had to search to see if something was ever in the history of this board been discussed. I will certainly be more careful in the future. That just sounded so unfriendly. I hope that this board isn't like that and I just took this the wrong way. I was really excited to be here and just started posting yesterday.
Treehugger, I don't think Tofu meant to be rude: we know that you're new.

The thing is, that with such a large board, things like links to websites that are fairly well known (Veganlunchbox has a very large following already) should really have a quick search, which only takes a few seconds. You could just as easily bump one of the old threads to express your amazement, and it helps keep us from having eight million threads.

For more personal subjects, even if somebody has already posted a thread on that subject, it is of course nice to get personalized feedback and therefore having a few threads on the same subject is fine. It's just places such as this where you don't really have anything to discuss or add where it would be nice if you could check out the search function.

Please don't give up on Veggieboards, there are plenty of nice people around and Tofu is one of them, and hopefully now you can see where she's coming from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,134 Posts
But, it's kinda tricky too. Firstly, someone might not know that the VL site is well known. Also, if you do search, you have to search for "veganlunchbox" (one word) or you only get like 2 hits (which are old). Then, if you do search for it as one word, you get a bunch of threads, none of which are titled "Vegan Lunchbox" or anything like that. It's mentioned many times here at VB, but it all sorts of different threads.

Just saying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

"Raising a girlfriend"?

What the...
It was a joke. I often make my girlfriends lunch for when she goes to university. I was unsure wether it would be taken the wrong way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstBus View Post

It was a joke. I often make my girlfriends lunch for when she goes to university. I was unsure wether it would be taken the wrong way...
im glad you replied to this, i was a little weirded out also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstBus View Post

... I am currently raising a girlfriend who could use all sorts of food at school. These ideas will go "miles and miles and miiiiiiiles" The Who... "oh yeah"
I thought this was funny.

On an un-happier note, I have now had that song in my head since I read that post...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
Hey I'd rather have another thread about vegan lunchbox than another debate about honey, lol.

*ducks*

Seriously, I like threads that bring up old things, cause I haven't checked out vegan lunchbox in a while so its nice to remember it again :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top