VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing to get a sub when my mayo runs out or expires (whichever comes first... actually I meant to get some today anyway and forgot)~

Brand recomendations?

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Well, I used to be a huge Miracle Whip fan and I don't think Nayonaise tastes anything like it, I think it's disgusting...but I've had people argue quite vehemently that I didn't know what I was talking about
and that can be true at times....so...... my advice is to try them both.

Oh, and I love Vegenaise by the way.

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Well, I have to admit I've only had Miracle Whip once or twice in my life. And remember it vividly - such that when I tasted Nayonnaise it rushed back some childhood memories of being at my friend's house.

But it's quite likely that they do taste dissimilar... just that they tasted similar to me, after tastings separated by 20 years. ;p

·
seeker and optimist
186 Posts
well i'll be crazy and say that i've only ever had nayo and it tasted okay to me, not great but okay...

THEN however I whip up my own... reusing the jar

this can be to your personal deliciousness and is much much much better than anything bought.

per 4 oz silken tofu

1/3 + cup olive oil

2 tblsp lemon juice + a touch zest

2 tsp Dijon mustard

salt & pepper

even in my past when i reverted back to non-veganism I'd still make my own nayo...

mmm....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Vegenaise all the way!!!!!!

There is nothing like it to make a chickpea salad sandwich.

I <3 vegenaise to the max!

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
...I should have read about this 3 days ago...

The boy bought me some Nayonaise and OMGYUCK!!!111 One lick from the butter knife and I was done. So, I have a full jar if any tastebud-less veg*n wants it.

So, Vegenaise, huh?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.