VeggieBoards banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take a look at <a href="http://natureclean.spaces.live.com" target="_blank">http://natureclean.spaces.live.com</a> and contact the company if you want a change.

11,550 Posts
erm.... as far as i'm concerned human hair in shampoo isn't an animal derived ingredient... its a human derived ingredient, and therfore not horribly un-vegan by default.<br><br><br><br>
as for if its gross or not, i think it may be a little icky.<br><br><br><br>
i'd be interested on knowing where its sourced from though, before i get in a panic:<br><br><br><br>
if its swept up from salon floors, then putting it in shampoo is utilising it as a resource which would otherwise be wasted in landfil or burned, not really an awful thing in my books.<br><br><br><br>
if its sourced from women in poor countries, who sell their hair as part of fair trade schemes, and make good money for it, and therefore feed their families a bit more, and help themselves out of poverty in a small way, again, i think i'd be ok with it.<br><br><br><br>
if its from empoverished people who get ripped off for it, i'd not be such a fan...<br><br><br><br>
likewise, if it was sourced from cadavers: ew ew ew.<br><br><br><br>
yeah.... its not so cut and dry (bad pun, lol!) in my books.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Why ew if it's from cadavers? Hair is dead anyway, and it's not like they're going to be using it.<br><br><br><br>
I don't really understand the hysterical reaction to this. As hoodedclawjen said, as long as it's not acquired in an exploitive manner there's nothing ethically wrong with it. Sure, you might be squicked by using something that has human hair keratin in it, but is that really a reason to get all screamy at the company?

11,550 Posts
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Why ew if it's from cadavers? Hair is dead anyway, and it's not like they're going to be using it.</div>
</div>
<br><br><br>
i know, its an irrational 'ew'... but the idea of bits of dead people in my shampoo is about as appealing to me as it containing cow wee. and yeah, i know hair is dead anyway, and that the dead people don't need it, but the idea of it being shaved off a corpse then put in my shampoo kinda just makes me shudder... and its not just hair, i'd feel the same way about dead mans toenails being in there too, lol.<br><br><br><br>
yes, i know, i'm weird... its irrational... but i won't be freaking out about it, and if i found out there was dead mans hair in my shampoo, i'd probably not write them about it angrily, or go too mental... i'd just buy another brand.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't have a problem with this. I certainly wouldn't consider human hair to be an animal product. I've heard rumors that the dough conditioners used to make some bread might come from human hair. If people are eating it, why not bathe with it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree that it's gross to have human hair in the conditioner.<br><br>
I think Nature Clean should be <b>nature clean</b>.<br><br>
I don't want neither animal or human products in it and of course I will stop buying it and find an alternative.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
the OP has been banned for spamming, but the topic seems interesting enough to leave in place.<br><br><br><br>
Carry on...

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Humans are animals, so it would make the product nonvegan. Nonetheless, most human hair comes from salons out of China (I've read). This fact honestly makes me say, "Who cares? This is not on my list of worries."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts