VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Natural Choice dog food? So far, the only dog food I have found to not upset my dog's stomach was Benefull (and yes, I know of all of the awful things about the company and in the food) but it has been discontinued. Anyone have any bad side affects? Something horrible we should all know about it?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Natural Choice is a pretty good brand. It does not have a lot of fillers and mostly has good ingredients. Most people would consider it a good food to feed their dogs.

How often do you change foods? Changing foods can make a dog sick for the first week or so until their body adjusts. It is common for them to have diarrhea when changing to a new food all at once. If you are not already you need to gradually change the food by adding more of the new food and less of the old food over time.

Another brand I would reccommend is Innova or California Natural. I used to work at a private no-kill animal shelter and we had a lot of pesky eaters. They are all organic and usually much easier on their stomachs. They both have awesome ingredients without all the filler.

You can usually find them at health stores and specialty stores. And, of course, you can probably find them online.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't change foods often- he's going on 4 years old and this is his second food switch. I am mixing it, and although he's not thrilled, he is eating it.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
My dog & cats were eating natural choice. My dog is on the vegetarian formula of Nature's Balance, now. My cats are on a raw diet. Actually one of them is still finishing up what we have left of the Natural Choice.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilvegan View Post

We don't change foods often- he's going on 4 years old and this is his second food switch. I am mixing it, and although he's not thrilled, he is eating it.
Ah, okay. I figured that you were but I thought I would throw it in.

And I forgot to add earlier. I believe Innova and California Natural are comparitively priced to Natural Choice if for any reason it doesn't work out for you.

Good luck and I hope your puppy feels better soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts