VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a red male Sphynx this weekend. I need HELP naming. Here is a list of possible names. Other suggestions welcome.

Blaze

Pyre

Blur

Bodhi

Cairo

Crash

Czar

Fela (after Fela Kuti)

Fievel

Helios

Linus

Maceo (after Maceo Parker)

Meetsi (german for kitty)

Mogwai

Mojave

Olly

Pablo

Pharaoh

Professor

Quentin

Rascal

Ren

Rex

Rocko

Rumi

Sebastian

Sake

Saturn

Satchmo

Scamper

Simba

Solar

Sultan

Syntax

Taj

Wasabe

Wonka

Yogi

Zazu

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
stick with the egyption theme and go with pharoah

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Make it simple. Name him Bob.

Actually, I like Satchmo -- gotta go with the jazz greats. (My brother named his cat Ella).

Good luck!

Mskedi

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My advice, wait until you get him and the name should just jump out at you from that list. I don't believe in naming animals before you meet them, they all have different personalities...

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Definitely wait until you bring him home. A name is something that you want to fit and not regret later.

Otherwise, I like Rocko. Or you could just skip all those names and call him fluffy.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by shewolf

My advice, wait until you get him and the name should just jump out at you from that list. I don't believe in naming animals before you meet them, they all have different personalities...
Ditto. Someone evidently felt that the cat we adopted two weeks ago was a Joy. (see left) After having her for a day, though, Joy simply didn't fit for us (not that we weren't happy at her presence), so we ended up calling her Krava, which is Croatian for cow, since she looks like a holstein. It fits us better, and we enjoy calling her cow.

Seems to me you might be over-analyzing it.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I like Sebastian, that's my son's name. See what type of personality the cat has first though! I had a grey cat who went from being named "Grandpa" to "Diablo". Had another cat named "Slick"- he was covered in grease when he came to my apartment and "Spazz", daughter of "Wingnut". They all had names that fit their personalities.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
a new idea. anyone have any ideas about the name RONIN

what connotation does that name have to you? does it sound like a mischevious boy name, or a mercenary, or what?

a ronin is a "masterless samurai" that wanders the earth. but I dunno if they can be heroes, or if they are always failed samurais whose master died. Ive heard both.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you guys were right! we had to see him first. and the name is...RONIN

it means "masterless samurai." he needed a manly boy name that still sounded cute like him.. he's the most mischevious lovable rascal. we are having a ball.

here are his pics, for those interested...

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...8922305&page=1

highlight that whole mess above and pop it into your browser.

XOXOXO

beth

p.s. sorry for the useless list. i know better now!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts