VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been really sold on vegetarian since 1985. the year of Hurricane Gloria when all power went out here on LI. The only place open was an upscale steak house that had their own generator.
Ordered a steak...looked down at the blood'n veins and for some reason it hit me hard. What a sick way to eat!
Went on and off over the years meaning...ate "some" fish'n poultry'n cheated with a hint of red meat on a "rare" occasion...pun intended....
Rewind to 1977. I was a divorced Dad bringing up my daughter Niko alone and running a free school. Decided to learn Macrobioatic cooking at a school in NYC I attended once a week for over a year. That too went on and off. As the years passed I needed to get healthier so I took all that I learned over the years and put it into full time action. Finally decided around ten years ago to shid or get off the pot so I went 100% Vegan. You know..When vegetarians grow up, they become vegans....it's when vegetarians realize there's more to it, they finally become vegans. Otherwise, they're just half-assed hypocrites IMHO.

So here I am...not one to make my body a graveyard for any corpses.
Howdy everyone

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Namaste! And welcome.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
This isn't a place to insult vegetarians, as the owner of the board *is* a vegetarian. Please respect everyone's views, and reasons.

And Welcome.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts