VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My finger nails are always a purple/deep blue color. Is this anything to worry about? I talked with my doctor about it, and he said it was normal, and said it was called something (Can't think of the name). I never notice the color of my nails until when I had my passing out spell and they said "her nails are so blue, and at one point the nurse told me it looked like a dead person finger nails). I compare mine to others and they have perfectly pink nails. I know it has something to do with ciruclation/enough oxygen. But, I feel fine. Is this common? My school nurse teacher acted like it was this HORRIBLE thing, but my family also has this problem. Is this anything to worry about? Can this be because of not eating meat? Or do I need to add something else to my diet. Help.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I have something similar (except there is no name for it).

The "heels" of both of my hands (the fleshy part below the pinky side of the hand) is red - everything else is normal flesh colored - but those parts are always red. Been that way since I can remember. Anyone who's ever seen it goes "whoa - what happened there...." Every time I see a new doc - I ask about it. They all just shrug their shoulders. Weird.

On your fingernails -

I think I'd find out what your last doctor called it - then go on the internet and do some research (post it here and maybe other people can help you search around). I, for one, am curious

If you've had it for a while - and you're otherwise healthy, I think it's probably okay.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
My nails have always been blue/purpleish in the middle. I never thought too much of it. I just figure I'm so white, I can't get any pigment in my nails.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you might just have poor circulation in the tips of your fingers. Are your hands usually cold?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, VERY cold. Everyone tells me that. But, whenever I eat something the nail color usually lightens up a bit (to a pinkish/purple). My hands still are a regular color (they are not pale or anything), it's just my nails. Strange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts