VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this? I have seen it advertised before and it is in stock in my local health shop. I just have not bought it because I noticed that it contains honey, and well, I am not too decided on the honey issue yet! Give me your thought, please. Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I couple of years ago my cousin gave me a jar of it...she had used it once and didn't like it. I wasn't too thrilled with it either...it's very sticky and messy; plus after a couple of months it turned hard and unusable (unless I just didn't have the jar shut tight enough). Even if I liked it I wouldn't buy it now (since I've turned vegan) because of the honey. But that was just my experience...you might like it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't tried it, and wouldn't since it has honey... but I stumbled across a recipe the other day that I *am* considering. I figure it'd be cheaper, too. The only thing I don't really know about is the glycerin, but since my aunt makes soaps I think I could just ask her.

It's "LEMON SUGARING SOLUTION" under Natural Hair Removal.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It hurts more than waxing and didn't work as well. But that's just me. I have pretty fine, blonde hairs on my legs, and maybe the product just needs more to "grab on" to.

Brandy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hhmmm.....where would you get the glycerin from? anyways, it seems a little cumbersome to me to have to make it on my own. i think i am just lazy!

has anyone tried any other natural hair remover? pls tell me if you have found something that works! thank you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okies i think i will not get nad's. i came across another natural hair remover called Sugar-It. plus point: it is completely vegan. has anyone heard of it? and if so, does it work?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had BAD results with it. It was messy, and didn't take the hair off. Not to mention when I popped the jar open (after I had used it once, or twice) it was infested with ants! The stuff took a trip to the garbage can after that, lol.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, is regular wax vegan? Like the kind you would get done at a salon?? I'd love to get a brazilian bikini wax someday.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have tried the Nad's and didn't like it either.. I hate how on TV they can make things look so wonderful! I sent mine back for a refund though.

Waxing is painful for me and the Nad's was too.. I can't use the hair removal creams on my sensitive skin either so I'm just sticking to my Schick!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got this product a couple of years ago...Its very sticky and annoying to play with lol. Plus it does NOT work very well!! It doesn't take all the hair off at all, even after a million tries. I don't recommend using it unless you have extremely hairy legs, thats the easiest thing to get rid of .

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"Nad's hair removal cream"

-----------------------

Now there's a product ad just waiting for the Jay Leno "funny ad's" segment LOL ...
... (think Beavis and Butthead)

(sorry Kurm made me post)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can you really eat it like they do on the commercial? ( also isn't nads kinda a wierd name for her daughter?)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ordered it online from the asseenontv.com website and first of all it made me so mad because they were backordered and it took almost 3 months to get it. It is very sticky and messy and gets everywhere, but it does wash off easily. I have never used regular wax so I can't say that it hurts more than regular wax, but I found the pain to be bearable and not as bad as I had expected. The hair that I used it on was pretty long, I had been not shaving waiting for this stuff, but it took so long that I had to but the hair was still longer then the recommended length. It didn't work very well at all because it is supposed to pull the hair from the root and it only did that for maybe 50% of the hair tops, the rest it would just pull off from the top which means that it grew back just as fast as if I had shaved. I only did part of one leg so now the hair is growing in all funky because some came out at the root and others didnt..grrr... will admit though that I tried it on my eyebrows because I refuse to pluck because it hurts too much, and I made sure to pull the skin taunt and it didn't hurt one bit!!!! I was amazed, but I really don't find it worth it to pay that much just to wax my eyebrows, and if the stuff keeps it should last a long time if all I do is my eyebrows..hehehe....but overall I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
iceflower, what do you mean by gel wax? maybe i could try it too. is it suitable for sensitive skins? my skin gets really itchy and i'll have small red spots when i use commercial waxes, and even cream hair removers. i am not sure what it is that causes the reaction but my guess if that is that it is either the chemicals or urea (yeah, i noticed it on the list of ingredients and i freaked out!)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dk_art

"Nad's hair removal cream"

-----------------------

Now there's a product ad just waiting for the Jay Leno "funny ad's" segment LOL ...
... (think Beavis and Butthead)

(sorry Kurm made me post)
ROTFL!!!

I can hear them now -

"Hey, Beavis, uh huh uh uh huh, I dare you to try it."

"No way buttwipe!" "Heh heh heh, you try it!"

I really miss the two morons.

Oh, and by the way.... I did taste the Nads gel!! <blush>

*Runs and hides*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts