VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vegans can lift with the best of them! keep getting requests for a specific workout video…

so here is what I did in case i talked too fast (which i always do) ☺
again: if you don't have any training in the Olympic lifts DO NOT do them!!

WARM UP FIRST!
Power Snatches:
"Warm up" sets: 3 sets of 2 @ 55lbs, 58lbs, and 60lbs
"Main" sets (7 sets of 2): 3 sets of 2 @ 63lbs, 4 sets of [email protected] 65 lbs

Full Snatches:
"Warm up" sets: 3 sets of 2 @ 60lbs, 2 sets of 2 @ 63lbs
"Main" sets (6 sets of 2): 2 sets of 2 @ 65lbs, 3 sets of 2 @ 66.5, 2 sets of 2 @ 68lbs

SuperSet: (alternate between)
Deadlift: 4 sets of 5 @ 113lbs
Seated Rows: 4 sets of 5 @ 90lbs

Bicep Curls: 4 sets of 5 @ 20lbs (vary style)

Stretch!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you eat before you work out?
I'd love to see more of your yoga moves, do you have a daily yoga routine?
i do eat…have my breakfast then head to the gym. and i do yoga every morning…usually just 15-20 minutes of salutations and meditation :)

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
Just wanna say your workout video is quite inspiring! Way to go!

I too ride my bike to the gym, and to work and so on. I doubt I will ever lift weights anywhere near that heavy due to having severe osteoporosis at 42 years of age now, but I do work with 15-25 lb dumbbells and some of the weight machines (my seated rows are currently at 60 lbs but sometimes I can handle 70). I lift a smaller barbell thingy that has permanent weights fixed to it (I am dumb when it comes to gym linguo so forgive me lol) and that is about 40 lbs and I think that is a big deal for me to squat with lol. My goal is not necessarily to be able to lift olympic weights, but to someday be able to lift our 18' 42 lb canoe over my head and carry it down portage trails. My husband does all that now and I help carry our packs when we canoe camp. I can carry the canoe on my shoulders if he helps me get it up there but I would like to be able to lift it up there myself. I really feel like a wimp next to you but at least I am trying. I still have your flexibility though. :) I have to be careful with yoga too though with my very weak spine (especially the back bends).

I wish I had done more of what you are doing with the weights when I was younger. I imagine my bones would be in much better shape now than they are. Keep up the great work! You are an awesome example of a healthy vegan woman!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanna say your workout video is quite inspiring! Way to go!

I too ride my bike to the gym, and to work and so on. I doubt I will ever lift weights anywhere near that heavy due to having severe osteoporosis at 42 years of age now, but I do work with 15-25 lb dumbbells and some of the weight machines (my seated rows are currently at 60 lbs but sometimes I can handle 70). I lift a smaller barbell thingy that has permanent weights fixed to it (I am dumb when it comes to gym linguo so forgive me lol) and that is about 40 lbs and I think that is a big deal for me to squat with lol. My goal is not necessarily to be able to lift olympic weights, but to someday be able to lift our 18' 42 lb canoe over my head and carry it down portage trails. My husband does all that now and I help carry our packs when we canoe camp. I can carry the canoe on my shoulders if he helps me get it up there but I would like to be able to lift it up there myself. I really feel like a wimp next to you but at least I am trying. I still have your flexibility though. :) I have to be careful with yoga too though with my very weak spine (especially the back bends).

I wish I had done more of what you are doing with the weights when I was younger. I imagine my bones would be in much better shape now than they are. Keep up the great work! You are an awesome example of a healthy vegan woman!
aww well thank you! i think it's great that you do what you're doing and that you're challenging yourself. every-body is different and we have to respect our physical selves… i have a lot of musculoskeletal issues and chronic pain stuff so i had ego watch certain aspects…

i hope you make your canoe-carrying goal! ;) and i love your pic, btw!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts