VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, who's in? Pause for a moment before you dig in tomorrow and take a quick cell phone pic of your Thanksgiving dinner plate. It's my first vegan Thanksgiving and I'd love to see what everyone else is eating.

I'm grateful that my wonderful thoughtful omni sisters have told me they will be preparing a vegan main course and a vegan dessert for me. And of course, some of the sides will be vegan in addition to what I'm bringing. One of my sisters even called me to ask about vegan sugar to make sure that what she's preparing will be OK. Yeah, my family rocks.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I will try to remember to take a picture. I'm going to my daughter-in-law's parent's house for dinner, and they've been working hard to accommodate my vegan diet. We'll see how it goes!
I'm taking an appetizer, gravy and dessert, so I know I'll be able to eat something!

·
Registered
236 Posts
will def take a pic. if everything comes out ok and kitchen does not explode while i'm making it

it's my first ever vegan thanksgiving too and i'm super excited

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appetizer: Spicy carrot relish on water crackers.

Dinner: Celebration roast, stuffing, corn, sweet potato, mashed potato, cranberry sauce. (It looks like a massive amount of food, but that's just 'cause the plates are very small! Really!)

Dessert: Apple pie with caramel cider sauce and squash brownie tart.

And I feel the need to say again how amazing my sisters were. They researched recipes and asked questions about ingredients to make sure there were lots of things for me to eat. And they did it in a way that was supportive rather than intrusive or overbearing. All the love just made the food taste that much better.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Here's mine:

Veggie pot pie, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and cranberry orange bread.

·
Registered
236 Posts
took a picture and quality is really bad due to crappy phone camera and it was too dark at my grandma's house.
but you can see my dessert picture clearly, it only came out slightly blurry

pumpkin pie brownies
for dinner i had seitan roast, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and golden gravy

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts

Chicago Diner "beefy wellington", sweet potatoes, green bean almondine, stuffing, and (not pictured) pumpkin pie (didn't think to take a picture until after it was almost gone.
) Green, purple, and white asparagus, candied carrots, rutabaga, and these aren't in the picture, but orange cauliflower, and roasted leeks and brussels sprouts. Also a walnut-berry salad but I was too full to eat it.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
I completely forgot to take a picture.
I had pumpkin/pecan crusted tofu, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, mushroom gravy, butternut squash and pear & tart cherry crisp. It was delicious.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie2222 View Post

@Bright bird Can I get that green bean casserole recipe? Looks so good! I was sad i couldnt find one for Thanksgiving. It used to be my fave!
Here's the recipe I use:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6137.0

It's turned out great every time I've made it.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenish View Post

Puppet Master that "beefy wellington" sounds pretty delicious. Might have to see if I can hunt a recipe for that!
The Chicago Diner's seitan is really good, and this "beefy wellington" was no exception! I enjoyed it, and wished there was more.
I definitely want to try and make it myself as well. And I remember coming across a recipe for a vegan beef wellington somewhere before... Can't remember where. I need to go find that again.

·
Registered
34 Posts

What I brought to dinner!
Apples, sweet potatoes, and walnuts baked in a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze. My relatives seemed to like it; yay!

I also had: jasmine & wild rice sautéed with mushrooms and shallots, green beans & slivered almonds, and homemade cranberry sauce. For dessert I brought dark chocolate covered almonds and dark chocolate squares to share with everyone, I didn't have time to experiment with baking a pie but maybe next year!

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks karenlovessnow! it was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself! I finally had a good excuse to buy earth balance, which really added to the richness of the dish. I'm looking forward to experimenting with more recipes for my omni family and friends

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
Everybody's food sounds terrific! My contribution was garlicy mashed potatoes with fresh chives and a green bean casserole with mushrooms & topped with those fried onion thingies. Everyone loved the potatoes, but they really tore up the green bean casserole. Only a bite was left over.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Everyone's food looks amazing! I only have one picture but I also had: apple onion stuffing, vegan green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamin and agave necter, turnips, corn, peas, mushroom gravy and a big glass of wine. Mmhmm...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.