VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
my Dh and I had a vegan wedding. i did a lot with fersh fruit and chocolate (dark) and caramel dips. so yummy.

the wedding i wanted was this:

morning wedding (quaker service) outside in a spring garden with a brunch/morning tea. i wanted petit fours instead of cake, fresh fruit and baked goods. tables, chairs, table clothes, etc--everything white.

what i got was:

an afternoon/evening wedding in autumn (sadly, chartreuse due to indian summer rather than the brilliant colors that i'd hoped for), indoors (due to rain), with a formal dinner.

it was still a quaker service though.

bah. i should get married again. LOL

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
that was my initial budget. i priced everything out and was able to get the whole 'breakfast wedding' for that price.

then everyone stepped in with their wants. my parents paid $7000 total.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
my fiance (now DH), family, and friends are all omnivores too. my Dh is supportive of my vegetarianism and supportive of having a veg wedding.

and i bought my wedding dress at cache (a store in the mall). it's basicly various polyester/rayon/cotton blends and beaded. it only cost $250 too.

best bet, avoid wedding stores.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
ophelia:

have you looked into fabrics from Dharma Trading Company? they sell raw cotton fabrics (among others) as well as dyes to color them to your liking. You could buy fabric by the bolt and dye it to the colors that you want (they have acid and plant/natural dyes).

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
well, you can also ask a fabric company to order however many bolts you need--so a place like JoAnn Fabrics or what have you can special order what you want in the amounts that you need under your name. then it's less of a guessing game.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts