VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just so excited about this! I figure I find a way to mess most things up but they're actually growing, and fast too! I grew a bigger size tomato last year and didn't really have any idea of how to take care of it so my tomatoes didn't really turn out great. But I am just so excited. Lol, maybe its just the part that I'm growing something and it's working that I'm so happy about. :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'm not sure. They grew really well, until they were about 4 inches, and then within 2 or 3 days they all died! Maybe they were too big, and I should've transplanted them? Or maybe they didn't get enough sun - -I don't know. It was my first attempt at sprouting plants, and they all died. Tomatoes, cukes, and a whole bunch of herbs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the box that my kit came in and they are actually grape tomatoes.

It sounds like maybe all your plants got sick with something if it was all of them dying at about the same time. It's possible for plants to get sick isn't it?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I don't know? I will try again this year - it's just too early here yet. I want to make sure that it will be warm enough to plant them outside once they're big enough. Or too big for their sprouting containers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do live in a warm climate. I'm in northern Utah so in the summer it gets pretty hot. Right now is just so so temperature and I have started them inside and in a few weeks ought to be able to leave them outside overnight. During the day when it gets up to 60 something I move them outside into the sun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.