VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took some footage a while back but after I first launched it online, it was taken down (free hosting and all)

Now I've restored it on a proper host

http://www.slaughtervideo.com

Quite graphic but it's good because there isn't a lot of footage from this part of the world around online.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Nasty. It appeared to me as though the animal was still partially conscious as the worker began to bleed it out.
I guess omni's will dismiss this as yet another "isolated incident". We're finding an increasing number of these isolated incidences in Australia lately.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Oh my Gods!

It's horrible to look at that. I'm not sure that they're allowed to shoot them anymore. Though, if they did it properly, it would definitely minimise harm because it would more than likely kill the animal in a split second. The problem with stunning is that it can cause paralysis but not black them out. Or, it only renders them unconscious for a short amount of time. Under the guidelines for training, in Australia, they can knock out the animal but it doesn't have to be dead before it bleeds out.

NOT that it's a 'good' thing. I just think, as animals are going to be killed, their suffering should be minimised to the utmost.

The movement of the cow 'could' be attributed to just involuntary muscle/nerve twitching after death. I've seen animals that are definitely dead, still move quite a bit. However, that was fairly obvious straining.

Animals Australia have done some good work in exposing the 'isolated' incidents. I thought bacon would be so difficult to give up....Until I saw their videos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts