VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so. I've decided to go raw again, and been planning for a few weeks now and really want to make it stick this time.

I thought i could create a journal of sorts on this thread as a educational tool for those who are thinking about raw or want more info. i'll post what i eat and calorie,fat, protein and carb intake, workouts, and generally how i feel.

if people are interested in this, I'll do it, if not, i won't. and, if some of you want to journal in this thread too, feel free.

let me know what you think about this!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm really interested! What a great idea! I'm working towards a high raw diet, so it'd be awesome to see a journal and see how you're doing with it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, and just to add, everyone is welcome to post here with comments, questions and advice. (be nice though)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm interested in adding more raw food to my diet (like meals not just pieces of fruit) but do not own a dehydrator. If you make "food" (like dinner) as opposed to snacks I'd love to get ideas.

I applaud you for going raw. It seems too difficult right now. But I'm working toward it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I will "officially" start posting raw meals on Friday but this is some things I've done to prepare:

stocked up on nuts

ordered and started sprouts from www.sproutpeople.com

bought salad greens and frozen berries for smoothies (raw hemp powder too)

I follow a vegan diet already and eat a lot of raw, I think the hardest thing will be making a meal that isn't "salad"

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
Most frozen berries are blanched before freezing, so they aren't raw.

It's just a small thing though, if you don't intend to go 100%. When cherries were in season, I bought a buttload of them, cut them in halves, took the pits out, and froze them for whenever I wanted to use them. You can do that with most fruit to actually have raw frozen fruit.

I ordered a few raw staples last night because I'm close to being out of them. I was gonna get hemp powder, but I think it'd be another one of those things that sat in my cupboard/fridge until I threw it out.

I ordered more agave nectar, coconut oil, cacao powder.

Then I got an AC/DC live cd (
) and a small (32 oz) grade b maple syrup which isn't raw, but I'm gonna start the master cleanse tomorrow, I believe. I feel ready, so... after my dentist appointment today I'll get some lemons.

I'll try it with agave, too, to see if that "feels" the same as doing it with the grade b syrup. If so, then I know for next time.

I'm not going to do the salt water flush or the laxative tea & I'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
I was wondering about using agave. I've never liked maple syrup much.

If you'd like, Jess, I'll do the cleanse along with you. I'd like a partner. I might not be able to get the stuff until tomorrow or Thursday, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so today i have one more shopping trip for ingredients for raw dinners.

this is the plan:

friday night dinner:

Cool Cucumber-Spinach Soup

Makes 3 cups

This is a well balanced soup because of the fat, fruit and chlorophyll content. It will easily serve as a light meal by itself.

1 cup purified water

2 medium-large cucumber

3 cups spinach (or other leafy greens like kale or mixed greens)

1 handful of basil leaves (about 15 leaves)

1 Tbl. fresh ginger with skin

1 1/2 lemons (5 tsp.) or 3 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar

1/2 apple or try another sweet fruit

1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt Crystals

1/2 tsp. onion powder

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 small avocado

1 tsp. dried dill or 2 Tbl. fresh

Place everything except the avocado and dill in a blender and puree. Add the avocado and continue to blend on high until creamy. Put in a bowl and mix in dill. Top with crunchy dehydrated sunflower seeds or freeze dried peas.

saturday i am off work so i'm going to try a "pasta" type dish.

1 to 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, about 3 large tomatoes

2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced

3 tablespoons olive oil

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

black pepper, to taste

If desired, peel tomatoes; remove seeds, straining juice into a bowl. Save the juice and discard seeds. In a food processor, combine garlic, tomatoes with juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and basil. Pulse quickly to chop roughly. Pulse more for a smoother sauce, if desired. Transfer to a bowl, add salt and pepper and let stand to marinate for about 20 minutes.

with Zucchini as the "pasta"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the biggest challange is I need to preplan a lot- I work 3 12 hour shifts and one 8 hour and have 3 days off, so preparing fresh dinners that aren't salad on work days will be a big challenge.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tova View Post

Why no salad, did I miss that?
yes you did. I usually eat a large salad as a meal either lunch or dinner, so i would prefer my other meal not be a salad as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrpelle View Post

I follow a vegan diet already and eat a lot of raw, I think the hardest thing will be making a meal that isn't "salad"
Quote:
Greens are so important!
i know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Most frozen berries are blanched before freezing, so they aren't raw.

It's just a small thing though, if you don't intend to go 100%. When cherries were in season, I bought a buttload of them, cut them in halves, took the pits out, and froze them for whenever I wanted to use them. You can do that with most fruit to actually have raw frozen fruit.

I ordered a few raw staples last night because I'm close to being out of them. I was gonna get hemp powder, but I think it'd be another one of those things that sat in my cupboard/fridge until I threw it out.

I ordered more agave nectar, coconut oil, cacao powder.

Then I got an AC/DC live cd (
) and a small (32 oz) grade b maple syrup which isn't raw, but I'm gonna start the master cleanse tomorrow, I believe. I feel ready, so... after my dentist appointment today I'll get some lemons.

I'll try it with agave, too, to see if that "feels" the same as doing it with the grade b syrup. If so, then I know for next time.

I'm not going to do the salt water flush or the laxative tea & I'll see how it goes.
my blueberries were bought fresh and then frozen, the trawberries are bagged, but oh well now. I plan on drinking tea still though.

is the AC/DC album a important component to the raw lifestyle, Jess

1 - 20 of 69 Posts