VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I injured my knee from bad running shoes like 6 months ago
, supposedly tore a ligament or something. It wasn't anyting real bad, just a slight swelling and mild pain when I used it a lot or heavily (like when running or sprinting). Lately, within the past few weeks, it began to not hurt anymore... so I took this to mean it had healed. I decided I'd "test it out" after taking the advice of many (including my dad) and jog a little bit with it... well, that went okay. It still hadn't started hurting again, so I took it to mean that I could go back to running.

This morning I woke up and my knee hurt again. Now I am freaking out. I don't know when it's going to heal; I'd thought it had healed already but apparently using it had made the pain come back. Maybe it just wasn't all the way healed or something. I don't know what to do or what to think.

I can't get it checked because you know that costs like hundreds of dollars to get an XRay and I don't have theat kind of maoney (my family does not).

(*sigh*)... so I am just really worried about it right now.

Asy ou can see below, my signature is FUTURE SOLDIER. I am enlisting in the Air Force as soon as possible, but... with this hurt knee which I don't know when it's going to heal... I don't know when I'll be able to do that

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Wow, sorry Lucine. I really don't know what to say, especially if you aren't able to get to a doctor. It really is the best thing to do. Maybe icing it a bit and staying off of it for another few days will help it to feel better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, Lucine! I'm new here, so you don't know me, but hopefully I can give you some good advice! My knee began hurting so badly last year, I knew I needed some medical attention. My dance instructor recommended a local chiropractor, which was the last thing I would have thought of! But I was eager to avoid surgery and injections, so I gave him a try. He corrected my alignment problems that were causing the trouble and gave me exercises to strengthen the knee. Today, I'm fine, and I know I saved alot of money! Whatever your doubts may be, a good chiro may be able to help you, and will tell you if he can't. Also, try jogging on a mini-trampoline for a while to stay strong and fit while you recover. I hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts