VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew, without knowing it, had slightly upset me. I had told them I was no longer eating meat and he had to tease me, lovingly however. When they came over for a BBQ last night he wanted something to drink. I have water and almond milk, chocolate, vanilla and unsweetened vanilla. He loved it, and asked why we choose the almond over cow. I told him in short about the dangers of cows milk, and the lies we have been told. I heard him tell his mom a few times, I don't want milk anymore you have to buy almond milk. I was kinda proud of him then!
And they even enjoyed a few of my veg*n items!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love banana flavoured soya milk on my cereal. Tastes way better than millk ever did. Perfect for kids too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His mom wont do it cause it cost so much more :-( I told him he can come to my house and drink it all he wants, I may pay for that LOL!! he drank almost a 1/2 gallon yesterday alone

·
Registered
41 Posts
I explained why it is so strange to drink milk to my friends one day, I wasn't being preachy, just honest, and they couldn't find an argument. It's like up until that point they hadn't even realized we were the only species to drink milk past infancy and from another species. One of my friends went home that day and told her mother and her mom was so freaked out she trashed all of their milk and started buying almond milk from then on. My friend said that her mom had said, "I have never even thought about it until now." Shows that a little bit of information goes a long way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts