VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by EquiPro

Many of you will not really relate to this place, but it is definitely an interesting place for me.

I have, for many years now, run in gourmet circles. Probably 90% of our friends are wine snobs, and we frequent fine restaurants regularly.
Apologies for being posh are utterly unneccessary. Like the rest of us, you will be the vegan-thorn-in-their-side when you do attend such events. And I'm sure you will handle it wonderfully.

This is a board about veg*ns; doesn't matter if you're giving up tuna casserole or caviar.

My 2 cents.

Quote:
originally posted by epski

As you'll see at the In The News Forum ("Nouveau Vegan"), there are many fantastic chefs now including gourmet vegan dishes in their menus, and even doing wine tastings, prix fixe vegan menus, and the like. Give it a read. Maybe something like it is happening within traveling distance to you!
Right on. Veganism is an issue-with-a-solution at every "level."

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I have lived at nearly all parts of the wealth/poverty spectrum ... that's why I see it as a non-issue.

Edit to say: I mean "American-style poverty," which really isn't poverty at all. I have never looked in waste cans for food; I have observed many who did just that.

Sorry so off-topic!!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Hehe, absolutely! That's why it's only "nearly" all parts! But really, that needs to be revised: I've never been at the billionaires' level, nor that of the poorest of the poor. Maybe it would only be correct to say that I've experienced a bit more "economic mobility" than most -- but all within the range of being adequately fed.

And before I get any sh*t (love ya guys, but still), my "mobility" is not exactly a happy story. Bleh. Double bleh.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Bleh. Natty Light. Just as bad as Milwaukee's Best (aka "The Beast"). What was worse? Milwaukee's Best Light - half the piss calories, all the piss taste.
Hehe. We used to call Stella (Egyptian) beer "watered-down camel piss." But it's just as good as any all-American crap.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
RE: "snob." Epski beat me to the dictionary!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Can you be a snob if you frequently pee outdoors because you have consumed too much malt liquor? Just checking.
LOL. Yes, but only if you consider those who not engage in such customs to be inferior.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts