VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
sheesh. that's awfully swank sounding. i feel a little funny with my kitchen being so bare right now, knowing people out there are eating meals like this.

i understand that you are concerned with missing out on the social aspect of this, though. i don't know what to say. perhaps...just perhaps...you can convince your friends and husband to have an alternate wine-tasting event with vegetarian foods? everyone brings a specific bottle of wine and a specific dish to go with it? we always invite people over for a potluck before anyone can plan to invite us out to a steakhouse or whatever...

yeah, i know. i'm so not-posh.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i am sorry if i came across as disapproving. it shouldn't surprise me that so many people live in such extreme luxury, but for some reason, it still does, every time i read about it. of course with the way our society is set up, there are no apologies neccessary from the rich, to the poor. if i really wanted to, i could probably work my ass off and make a lot of money and frequent these places, and events, too.

i hope that you find a solution that works for both you, and your friends and loved ones, equipro. you should be proud of yourself for sticking to your guns in the face of social embarassement.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
me too, tame. except we don't even have the money buy wine-in-a-box anymore. we have to make it ourselves. not counting the amount of time it takes to do the brewing, our wine works out to a cool $2 or $3 CDN, a bottle.

and it tastes like it, too.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sunnyk

I have lived at nearly all parts of the wealth/poverty spectrum ... that's why I see it as a non-issue.

well, not entirely. it's an issue for you when someone spends millions of dollars on an engagement ring. right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts