VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muffin pans.
I prefer cast iron, because I use it for everything, but any muffin pan will do.
For years I tried to just balance these things on a baking sheet. This is way better!
Pour a whole bunch of olive oil. Cover with foil. 400 degrees fahrenheit. Till they're mushy and spreadable. (About 35 minutes.)
Enjoy!
Attachment 17302
LL

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thank you for this! Yum!

·
Registered
585 Posts
nice tip!
I prefer not having to wash anything after tho so I just trim the bottoms of the bulbs, place on a square of tin foil, add olive oil on top, then wrap the whole thing up. And into the oven she goesssssss

I love it when the whole kitchen smells like garlicky goodness :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

nice tip!
I prefer not having to wash anything after tho so I just trim the bottoms of the bulbs, place on a square of tin foil, add olive oil on top, then wrap the whole thing up. And into the oven she goesssssss

I love it when the whole kitchen smells like garlicky goodness :)
My kitchen smells like that right now! In fact, my whole house smells like that! (Small house.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just put a habanero lime cheesecake in the oven. Right after roasting that garlic. I hope it doesn't end up tasting too garlicky!

·
Registered
585 Posts
habenero lime cheesecake? intriguing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMaryv View Post

habenero lime cheesecake? intriguing!
Very easy. Very good. Very... not vegan.
Maybe you could make a vegan version. Not sure how it would turn out.
It's a Food Network recipe, I think. First search result When you google Habanero Cheesecake.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
~

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Thanks for posting this tip. I've never roasted garlic before and they came out perfect using the muffin pan.
Awesome! I'm glad you liked it!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Great tip Jered. I usually do it in a baking dish with potatoes but this will be brilliant for doing a big batch for pasta or garlic bread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone T View Post

Great tip Jered. I usually do it in a baking dish with potatoes but this will be brilliant for doing a big batch for pasta or garlic bread.
It's PERFECT for garlic bread. Everyone is always surprised that my garlic bread includes no butter. Just olive oil, roasted garlic, and black pepper.

·
Not such a Beginner ;)
8,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered View Post

Muffin pans.
I prefer cast iron, because I use it for everything, but any muffin pan will do.
For years I tried to just balance these things on a baking sheet. This is way better!
Pour a whole bunch of olive oil. Cover with foil. 400 degrees fahrenheit. Till they're mushy and spreadable. (About 35 minutes.)
Enjoy!
Attachment 17302
Bumping this because I'm roasting a bunch of garlic this morning for some vegan Superbowl food. Using the muffin tin method and it smells like an Italian restaurant in here. Mm.

·
Registered
585 Posts
oOooo garlic bread. Just the thought is dangerous!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts