VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought a mouse in last night

He didn't actually harm it, and was carrying it gently.. luckily he let it go and i managed to get it back outside.

Little monster! Lol, but at least it was ok (and cute). He's usually an angel and doesn't bring things in. My old cat (RIP Lucy) was a sweetheart, all she ever brought in was one skeleton of a leaf.. that was carrying very carefully and gave to me! My other old cat, (her sister who's still with us) used to carry frogs in and just look at them lol (we have 3 ponds).

·
Registered
637 Posts
I was once infested with mice the cat brought in to "play" with... once there are 2, you know... and they are ever so hard to get rid of if you don't want to kill them ! (these were actually field mice, very smart, never went into traps). I managed to chase most of them back into the garden, eventually they were all gone, but I had to "mouse proof" my kitchen (put everything in glass or metal containers, cereal, rice, pasta, etc)..

You can't teach a cat not to catch prey though. Ours is now almost 16 years old and she almost caught a bird yesterday ! It's instinct, not "naughty"... LOL ! (I was proud of her for still trying, really)...

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
Thor found a rabbit's nest last year...he brought me two baby rabbits within ten minutes of each other...luckily, they were ok. I kept them in my bathroom to make sure, because I think they were in shock at first. Then they started hopping around, so I was able to release them! I hate when I find dead mice/birds around the yard. Luckily it doesn't happen often.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My cats catch mice, rats, rabbits, snakes, frogs, birds, moles... all the time. I hate it. Sadly, I either see them w/their prey when it's too late...or see their bodies on the front porch. I've set free sooooo many I've lost count. I guess when you're out in the middle of nowhere there's a bunch of critters, & having so many cats=massacre. (& they're always so proud of themselves)

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to save that mouse!

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
My cats leave near their food dishes, the bathroom and my bed their toys including bendy straws and dirty q-tips. Yuck! One day I had friend rice and picked out the egg to give to them and that night I went to bed and they had brought some of the egg in there and left it on the comforter.

My old cat (now deceased) used to bring all kind of toys and put them next to my head while I slept. Thankfully when she started doing that she was indoor only because she used to leave bird heads for us when she was outdoors.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZCsmpsns View Post

My cats catch mice, rats, rabbits, snakes, frogs, birds, moles... all the time. I hate it. Sadly, I either see them w/their prey when it's too late...or see their bodies on the front porch. I've set free sooooo many I've lost count. I guess when you're out in the middle of nowhere there's a bunch of critters, & having so many cats=massacre. (& they're always so proud of themselves)

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to save that mouse!
if my cats ever did that much damage, i'd have to make them stay inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts