VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able to make it over to visit her today. We watched The Wedding Singer and ate pizza and laughed some. Did a bit of cleaning and chatted. She is in pain and taking medicine pretty often. She enjoyed the movie and was smiling. She was so happy to see me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I posted about this because it was a major accomplishment that I finally got a car and was able to get to my mom's house. I've been so worried about her. After seeing her I felt relief.

I hadn't had a car in 4 mos. and she lives sort of far. I went through quite a lot trying to find a cheaper car in this weather. It's been very cold.

Anyhow, I plan on getting over there more. The only thing that bothers me is that she smokes and it makes me feel ill to smell it. Next time I'm taking a Glade candle and some natural spray to get rid of that smell. Her house reaks of smoke.

I want to see her so I will have to tolerate some smoke. I wouldn't complain unless it really made me sick. I have smoke induced asthma. So I took a huge dose of cough medicine before I went.

I'm feeling more "up" now since I got to see her and we had some laughs.

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
My mom quit smoking three weeks ago, she's been doing really well. I never thought she'd do it. I know what you mean, it stinks. It's so nice to be able to go over there and not have to immediately jump in the shower when I get home to get the smell off.

I haven't seen my dad in about a year but I think I'm going next week. This means the eyebrow ring will have to come out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Michael, I appreciate your comment relating to visiting my mom. I, took 2 baths in less than 24 hours after being there. She admitted one thing, that she shouldn't be smoking because it's poison. But I don't know if she will ever quit at this point. Eyebrow ring, huh?

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Yeah, my mom took it pretty hard. She cried and said she was disappointed and all that but she got over it. Just like when I told her I went vegetarian.

My dad though, his side of the family are Jehovah's Witnesses and I don't think they'd take it as well. I don't see him much as it is and I don't want him thinking I'm a wild child. One of my half-brothers has stuff pierced and I'm not so sure I want to be compared to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts