VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so nervous! Didn't think I'd be this way. Poor little guy wants food, but he cant eat until after. I HATE it when my pets get surgery. Of course I supposed I'm lucky he's a boy as neuter is supposed to be more simple. I've only had girls before him.

Wish Ronin luck today!

XOXO

Beth

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got an update from the vet. surgery went routinely and Ronin is fine and resting on his favorite blanket that I brought along.

Thanks for the wishes guys! I'm so vet shy after losing my last girl who had a heart condition.

XOXO

Beth

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
This was the best post I've read all day... Thank you so much for taking your boy to get neutered. He'll be fine in no time and will probably want to run and jump a lot sooner than he should be allowed to. Woohoo, another cat's health improved, and another litter prevented.

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
It's an incredibly simple procedure for a male cat.

But I know what it is like I get very nervous letting them take my kitty from me and telling me to come back later.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ronin is a kitty cat. and a bundle of energy post surgery. he's so rambunctious. jeez.

he's hairless and his eyes/face are all red cuz he had some sort of reaction to the eye lube. silly kitty.

XOXO

beth

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I'm glad you got him neutered.
His life will be even better now!

I hate leaving animals at the vet. I always end up calling just to check on them. Then I pace the rest of the day.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just out of curiousity, why is it considered more healthy for them?

I heard its important to do so they don't spray your house, and the obvious reason that we dont want him escaping and impregnating some other kitty. otherwise, I hadnt heard anything about it improving health. I'd be interested to know about that, if you have some information for me.

XOXO

beth

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have an information booklet in front of me which says why it is healthy:

-Makes animals better behaved and more affectionate.

-Unneutered males try to control and expand their territory, which leads to fighting and roaming-habits that can get your pet injured, lost or killed.

-Uneutered males are prone to prostate problems and testicular cancer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts