VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
If you get a letter published in the local paper here, they print your full address or your e-mail address. So you are very likely to get mail responses sent to you from other readers. i dunno whether that will happen in your case, but if it does, I'd be interested in hearing about the nature of those responses.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by epski

Have you gone and read the letter? It's just my name and city.
Yes, I did. After I registered. And had to tell them all my info, including my income, and plenty of other bull. I was telling you that your letter would never be published in Nashville without more contact info.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No way. They really asked you all that? And it was all mandatory and not optional? I must have been registered before they added all those prying questions. I understand that they want to tailor advertising to you to maximize their value in offering free news, but...

I sent all my contact info to the L.A. Times, but they don't actually publish it for reasons of privacy that you're raising. I know certain other publications will include an e-mail address, including certain magazines. If The L.A. Times included e-mail or other contact info, I most definitely would have been less inclined to write to them, or I would have told them they could not include my info when they called me to let me know my letter was under consideration for publication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.