VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night me and friend just got out of some punk show and went to denny's for some food, so anyway I order what I always order (Boca burger w/ onion rings) and when the food finally comes my burger looks a little weird, so I like pinch off a piece and looking at it and it seems a little, uh un-boca-ey? so I taste the little piece and it was real meat, I seriously spit it out right in front of the waiter and almost threw up, I felt my stomach gag, well anyway I didn't make a big deal about it but the guy did go and get me a brand new burger that was actually boca this time.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
In the future, I suggest you gently seperate a peice with a knife or fork. A peice of meat will come apart in little strands.

Sometimes I get something I think has meat in it by appearence and it turns out to be mushrooms.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Does Denny's still serve veggieburgers? The last time I was there (which was quite awhile ago) they were no longer listed on the menu. I assumed that this meant the company was phasing them out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, at least you sent it back! You'd think they'd be more careful with that sort of thing...but I guess everyone makes mistakes. I didn't know Denny's had Boca burgers...too bad we don't have one here in smalltown meat-eating Iowa anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So how can you really tell the difference other than tasting it? And this is somewhat good news because my friends and I occasionally go to Denny's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post

In the future, I suggest you gently seperate a peice with a knife or fork. A peice of meat will come apart in little strands.

Sometimes I get something I think has meat in it by appearence and it turns out to be mushrooms.
I have a huge problem with mushrooms! They look so much like meat to me lol. I freak out over mushrooms on a regular basis.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The last time I went to Denny's was about a year ago and they had veggie burgers in PA. Of course they recently shut down my local Denny's.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here in the Chicago area Denny's is pretty close to scraping the bottom of the barrell as far as food is concerned. I'm thinking it must be better in other cities.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts